£ 25000 - £ 28000 / Year
Transport & Logistics - Transport & Logistics
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
7.5 tonne Delivery Specialist - Kingsnorth, Kent
Our mission is to transform the way people buy used cars and make buying a car no different to buying any other product online today
As a Delivery Specialist you are responsible for creating a delivery experience that our customers love, ensuring great quality and acting as ambassadors for the brand
You're forward-thinking with an eye for detail and a resourceful problem solver. A great communicator, you enjoy meeting lots of new people every day
In return for your enthusiasm you'll have the opportunity to work at one of the UK's most exciting start-ups, helping us to delight customers every single day in a job that's full of energy and purpose
We'll provide all training you need to develop your passion for customers, deliver customers' vehicles safely and get to grips with our single car transporters
What you'll be doing
· Delivering vehicles to customers at a scheduled time, guided by our optimal route planning software. Always making sure the transporter is properly loaded and secured in line with legislation and our high standards
· Providing extraordinary customer service including liaising with the centralised Customer Service team, other depots and colleagues to give customers the best possible experience, alongside dealing positively and effectively with customer questions and queries
· Completing accurate quality assurance checks on all vehicles to maintain high standards, using our Driver App/iPad to process information, ensuring any damage is noted before and after loading
· Completing all necessary transfer, verification and identification checks with customers
· As a business we're "customer obsessed", our deliveries are seven days a week, including early starts and late finishes. Shift patterns reflect these requirements, but we'll always ensure appropriate rest and down-time
· Delivering the customers new vehicle directly to them, (driving the vehicle vs delivering via a car transporter) where customers select this as an option
What you need
· Great communication skills with prior experience of successfully operating in a customer facing environment. You enjoy meeting and interacting with lots of new people every day
· A confident driver with a valid LGV Cat C1 (7.5 tonne) driving licence, no more than 6 penalty points and no disqualifications in last 10 years, be up to date with CPC training. You'll ideally have a good working knowledge of transport legislation and tachographs
· An eye for detail and a focus on quality, taking pride in your work and always
· Physical ability to load and unload, frequently enter and exit vehicles
· Good decision making and problem-solving ability, able to think on your feet with a can-do attitude and flexible approach
· Wants to work as part of a collaborative and close-knit team
Support from our brilliant onboarding and training programmes including customer service, quality assurance and fully funded driver CPC training as and when required.
We offer a competitive, guaranteed wage with a range of benefits including 25 days holiday, healthcare, pension, perks, training and development and promotional opportunities. All colleagues are eligible for participation in the company's share issue scheme.
You'll be out on the road meeting new people every day and get to work with a supportive and enthusiastic team in an energising culture.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on Skype followed by face to face interviews and assessments where you'll have a chance to meet some of the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience, personality and potential, not making you sweat or catching you out.
We will carry out a DBS (Criminal Records) check and a driving licence check and you must have the right to work in the UK, or a valid work permit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy