Description de l'offre
Hounslow, Greater London
£ 250 - £ 320 / Day
IT - IT
· Job type
IT and Telecoms
· External Reference
An exciting opportunity for 3 rd Line Support Engineer (Linux / SQL / Metadata) to join the Europe Operations Group of a global broadcasting brand. A customer centric group of broadcast application support specialists, working on the front line alongside leading broadcast customers.
The Support Engineer is responsible for providing third line broadcast application support for all branded headend solutions installed at the customer sites. The group investigate platform incidents and problems from an end-to-end perspective, to identify where the source of issue resides. The initial focus is on returning platform service, then the root cause analysis to the component and environmental level, and if required to then obtain a suitable software fix.
Main Responsibilities/Duties of the 3 rd Line Support Engineer (Linux / SQL / Metadata):
· Branded application support at a major customer site;
· Rapid response to platform incidents, ensuring the customer is always kept up to date with the progress of any investigation, and providing a detailed resolution report including any further actions required;
· Feedback detailed analysis of any software defects to the development team, including project management where required;
· Proficient and timely installations of branded headend components for both production and lab customer systems;
· Participate in new system deployments, and take on new solution responsibility, as well as sharing the knowledge within the group.
What's in it for the of the 3 rd Line Support Engineer (Linux / SQL / Metadata):
· An exciting opportunity to join the Europe Operations Group of a global broadcasting brand;
· An initial 3-month contract, with potential to go permanent;
· A daily rate from £250 - 320 per day DOE;
· To be a valued member of a busy team, within a reputable and high profile company!
Technical Skills of the 3 rd Line Support Engineer (Linux / SQL / Metadata):
· A successful candidate will need to be a highly motivated, quick to learn, experienced support engineer, with a strong focus on customer service;
· Digital Broadcast/SI Metadata/CA/DRM software solutions experience;
· Solid end-to-end troubleshooting abilities;
· Good Linux OS knowledge & capabilities;
· Proficient in SQL & relational databases;
· Unix Shell or Python scripting abilities;
· Firm understanding of application interaction in IP environments.
If you are interested in this exciting long term contract opportunity to join my client as an experienced 3 rd Line Support Engineer, please apply via the link attached.
The application process is subject to the successful completion of background and reference checking, including CRB and CCJ (County Court Judgement) checks Adecco is an equal opportunities employer. If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy