This role will suit a highly motivated team player looking to grow within a dynamic agency. Candidates must be highly organised and able to work across multiple projects with notable efficiency. A passion for health and fitness, and some knowledge of the fitness industry is preferred. The main purpose of your role is to provide administrative support for the team. As you progress in the role, you should develop your skills to help provide support in some basic PR tasks.
• Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs, for opportunities for clients.
• Keeping abreast of client news/ developments and their relevance to the fitness market.
• Sourcing, collating, clipping and evaluating media coverage.
• Office management -answering the phones and directing calls, managing orders, postage, stock of products, press samples
• Preparing client reports
You will receive training in the following tasks and as your role evolves, you will have the opportunity to develop your PR skills:
• Writing press releases and selling in stories to local and national media
• Researching, writing and distributing PR materials
• Attending Action PR events and industry events
• Social media posting and evaluating
• Attending client meetings and/or events
Desired skills, experience and personal characteristics
• Good writing skills and excellent grammar.
• A team player with a flexible attitude and willingness to 'pitch in' as required. Strong organisational and time management skills.
• A passion for health and fitness and knowledge of the fitness industry / active leisure markets.
• An interest in media and understanding of national, consumer and trade publications relevant to the fitness industry.
• Experience of using a range of social media platforms.