VIE – Junior Category Manager (m/f/d) – Hotel Services
V.I.E. Munich, GERMANY Marketing
ASTORE is our Global Procurement Organization, which covers all products & services needed by our clients to address their daily operational needs or one-shot construction and renovation projects.
The Northern Europe (NE) Astore team is responsible for sourcing, negotiating and promoting its products and services in 32 Countries, including UK, BeNeLux, DACH, Poland, Hungary and Rumania.
In the last few years, the Procurement team has placed the digital transformation in its top priorities, aiming to support the internal team from sourcing to selling, and to ease the entire procurement process of our Accor hotels and non-Accor partners.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Our Procurement Team in Northern Europe & Africa is looking for a new VIE – Junior Category Manager (m/f/d) for Hotel Services. Together with our team for the purchasing of services in Europe & North Africa, you will work on managing our Hotel Services-categories, with emphasis on laundry services, rental uniforms, bedding and purchasing of hotel textiles. ASTORE our procurement service – powered by Accor Procurement – is responsible for the Purchasing of all goods and services in Europe.
This role will be based in our Munich Head Office and will provide you with the opportunity to grow and work in a complex environment and develop your knowledge and skills in Procurement, Stakeholder Management, Project Management and more.
Your main responsibilities include:
- You will support our purchasing team in the day-to-day business, with a focus on services for our hotels in the region (participation in tenders and sourcing projects, contractual monitoring, analysis of the expense and associated action plans, administrative follow-up of suppliers, management of the annual billing period, participation in Business Review) for families such as: laundry services, rental uniforms, bedding and purchasing of hotel textiles
- You will autonomously manage a procurement category and/or projects related to sourcing and process optimization in the field of laundry services and hotel textile
- You will monitor suppliers, negotiation, perform market research, supplier audits, data collection and preparation of key figures
- In addition you will manage communication with hotels, suppliers and internal stakeholders
- You will support us in the further digitalization of our systems and processes in purchasing
- You will support Accor on in its journey towards Carbon Neutrality, promoting sustainable supply solutions and standards among our suppliers
Your Skills & Qualifications Include:
- You have a university education or business school diploma
- Ideally you have first experience/training in Purchasing
- You speak fluent English; Additional German, Dutch and/or French skills are a plus.
- You are confident to use digital tools and have a good command of Microsoft Office
- You like to work with digital tools
- High affinity for numbers and analytical thinking are among your strengths
- Rigorous, autonomous, you demonstrate a problem-solving mind, you have a quick grasp and enjoy learning about new subjects
- You are a team player and enjoy working in an international team
What is in it for you:
- Office base in our head office in Munich, with the option for hybrid working
- Opportunity to start your career in a multinational corporate environment, with the option to further develop and grow in- and outside of the region or globally
- Access to comprehensive training and development-programs via our our Accor Academy
- ESG-activities, such as our environmental program “Planet 21”
- ALL Heartist Card and other special employee-only prices and offers in Accor hotels across the globe
- Attractive salary package
- Ticket Restaurant vouchers
- Corporate health management activities