Student Work Experience Program (SWEP) – Culinary Opportunities, May to October 2021
Come as you are, grow, learn, explore.
Combine valuable work experience with an energetic, fun lifestyle in Canada’s most breathtaking resorts! If you are talented, motivated and enrolled in a culinary program, Student Work Experience Program (SWEP) is your opportunity to relate your classroom study to the day-to-day operations of our incredible resorts.
The chance of a lifetime. A lifetime of memories.
We are now recruiting for the following SWEP Culinary Opportunities:
- Second Cook
- Second Cook Pastries/Bakeshop
- Prep Cook
What is in it for you:
- Experience living in Banff National Park in the iconic location of Lake Louise
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
- One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
Your experience and skills include:
- Currently enrolled in a culinary program
- Must be returning to school or have a requirement to complete a co-op prior to graduation
- Previous experience as a cook an asset
- Must be able to lift, carry and pull up to 50lbs
- Standing and walking throughout shift and exposure to kitchen equipment including large and small ovens, stoves, steam kettles, mixers, sheeter, fryers, rational ovens, steamers, tilt skillets, fridges and freezers as well as blast freezers
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS