London (Greater London) IT development
Come and join us in bringing the Raffles experience to London
The Raffles name is synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary adventure. Raffles London at The OWO on London’s Whitehall, unites the allure and heritage of Raffles with one of the world’s most historic addresses.
This fine Grade II* Edwardian building has been transformed into a spectacular stage for dazzling celebrations; with fine dining, lively bars, the latest in wellness and beauty therapies, the most luxurious suites and rooms, versatile ballroom and event space. Within these much-storied walls, where legendary statesmen and women once shaped the modern world, guests are now invited to discover new and inspiring emotions and connections. At Raffles, you arrive as a guest, leave as a friend and return as family.
An exceptional opportunity presents itself for a Spa Butler to be part of an iconic London Opening.
Reporting into Assistant Director of Wellbeing/Fitness & Wellness Manager, you will be responsible for welcoming and looking after all residents / guests / members who enter the spa, fitness, and pool areas.
The Spa Butler ensures the guests experience is up to the standards of the brand by dealing with them directly and addressing the details behind the scenes to go above and beyond the guest expectations. Their objectives include assisting guests with spa related information, giving them personal attention, anticipating their needs and being an escort to the appropriate facilities.
You will work in close contact with all other hotel departments to ensure a smooth and consistent service, surpassing the guests’ expectations.
Specifically as the Spa Butler:
- You will promote positive colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect and continuous feedback.
- You will be an effective communicator, who adheres to both legal/statutory responsibilities and Company Policies and procedures.
- Greet all arriving and departing guests by name, inquire about their level of satisfaction of the services, and maintain positive relations at all times.
- Recognise arrivals of all VIP guests arriving in both the spa and hotel.
- Responsible for driving the guest experience and communication amongst the colleagues orchestrating a smooth guest sequence delivery.
- Ensure guest / member preferences and special requests and guest recognition are accommodated to the best of the property’s abilities.
- Ensure the spa is receiving the highest ratings from the TrustYou VOG scores as well as LQA/ Forbes guest satisfaction.
- Deal with any guest complaints, comments or concerns with discretion and urgency.
- Maintain the provision of amenities and towels, this includes stocking fresh ones and collecting used ones and delivering them to the needful delivery points.
- Ensure treatment area lighting and music levels are correctly set and maintained.
- Knowledgeable of the spa’s reservation systems, POS system, operation & control system and laundry equipment.
- Maintain the appearance of all therapy facilities including prep, treatment areas, all guest access areas, and any supporting facilities.
- Retrieve and deliver linen daily to the main laundry and count to ensure no linen is missing.
- Roll and stock towels in guest areas as per the standard.
- Prepare, deliver and present drinks and refreshments in a hygienic and professional manner.
- Clean and disinfect all areas of the spa including showers, bathrooms, reception, wet and thermal areas, guest lounges, staff rooms and prep area and also within the treatment rooms when asked to support. This role also covers the fitness area and pool.
What are we looking for?
- Passion for wellness
- Recent experience within luxury wellness or a similar role
- Enthusiasm and commitment to delivering and offering the best service and experiences possible in any situation
- Proven track record of surprising and delighting guests to provide exceptional service
- Able to work within a team
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- Professional and well-groomed
- To be detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in English, both verbal and written.
What are we offering?
- 20 Days plus Bank Holidays
- You will be offered a competitive salary
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Worldwide development opportunities across Accor’s extensive brand portfolio
Plus many more benefits