Social Events Manager, The Savoy Hotel
London (Greater London)
“Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told”
Job title: Social Events Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Inspired and supported by: Director of Events Sales & Planning
Your Purpose will be:
Identify and quality optimal leads, deliver business opportunities that align with the hotel’s financial goals, maximize revenues, deliver memorable experiences that create Savoy customer loyalists.
You will be accountable for:
- Proactive drive of sales, curation, organization and management of social events for The Savoy.
- Overseeing event sales, event planning, coordination, administration and overseeing the sites events.
- Uniting and coordinating internal teams to help deliver extraordinary and memorable client experiences.
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- Through the existing events network, your own contacts, and proactive outreach, sell, plan and execute the production of social events for The Savoy (including weddings).Build, create and maintain a robust database of influential companies, entrepreneurs, name talent and appropriate private clients to the right events for The Savoy.
- Evaluating & qualifying business opportunities with precision that optimizes business opportunity.
- Be a solution-provider to add true value to the customer relationship.
- Using a creative eye to consult and guide on the event experience with the ability to fit square pegs into round holes.
- Facilitating debrief meetings with hotel teams to develop best practices, solve problems & elevate future guest experience.
- Work towards an increase the year-on-year private hire revenue income.
- Maintain standards of practice of booking systems, invoice systems, and weekly reporting.
- Maintain a strong organizational presence across these events.
- Ensure all events are organized and planned in time for deadlines and communicated appropriately.
- From time to time, work weekends and public holidays when creating and organizing larger scale events and special occasions.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of current and future trends, ensuring events remain appealing and competitive.
- Work towards monthly budgets for all events, outlining all expenditures were incurred, including detailed budgets for large scale events.
What you will need to do this role:
- 3-5 years' experience within a similar role ideally including wedding event experience
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Great team player
- Ability to work and maximize relationships within a diverse team.
- Computer literacy within Opera, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong proficiency in organization, problem solving and communication.
- Ability to work under pressure and towards deadlines and financial targets.
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi-skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues.
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of The Savoy family – our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people