London (Greater London) IT development
Come and join us in bringing the Raffles experience to London
The Raffles name is synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary adventure. Raffles London at The OWO on London’s Whitehall, unites the allure and heritage of Raffles with one of the world’s most historic addresses.
This fine Grade II* Edwardian building has been transformed into a spectacular stage for dazzling celebrations; with fine dining, lively bars, the latest in wellness and beauty therapies, the most luxurious suites and rooms, versatile ballroom and event space. Within these much-storied walls, where legendary statesmen and women once shaped the modern world, guests are now invited to discover new and inspiring emotions and connections. At Raffles, you arrive as a guest, leave as a friend and return as family.
An exceptional opportunity presents itself for a Security Officer to be part of an iconic London Opening.
Reporting into Director of Security, you will be responsible for ensuring the security of all residents, guests and members who enter both the Residences and Hotel areas.
Working with the wider hotel team to secure all areas of the hotel and resident areas both front and back of house. Monitoring and upkeeping security systems, monitoring alarms and reporting to emergency calls. The role involves the ability to pre-empt and deliver a luxurious and high-quality level of service whilst managing delivery and service targets.
You will work in close contact with all other hotel departments to ensure a smooth and consistent service, surpassing the guests’ expectations.
Specifically as the Security Officer:
- Ensuring that the safety and security of staff and guests across the hotel and residential areas.
- Monitoring and maintaining security and safety systems.
- Dealing with emergency calls and issues in a calm and effective manner.
- Reporting security risks and breaches.
- Escorting guests and residents through the building safely.
- leasing with external suppliers and security matters.
- Additional responsibilities in absence of line manager or senior employee.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned including working in a different department or restaurant, than usually assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- Passion and experience in luxury security or a similar role
- Enthusiasm and commitment to delivering and offering the best service and experiences possible in any situation
- Proven track record of surprising and delighting guests to provide exceptional service
- Able to work within a team
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- Professional and well-groomed
- To be detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in English, both verbal and written.
Why join our Raffles team?
- You will be offered a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays plus a day extra for every year of your service up to 5 years
- Length of service awards for every year of service
- We offer Life Assurance to all our colleagues
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Free dry cleaning for uniform and an allowance for personal items
- Season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Colleague gifting to celebrate special occasions
- Paid days off to move house or give back time to a charity of your choice*
- Internal learning and development programmes tailored to you
- Fun-filled events, whether that’s a pub quiz, team run or festive party
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates of up to 30% at Accor worldwide
- Worldwide development opportunities across Accor’s extensive brand portfolio