Come join the culinary team at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Develop your culinary skills with some of Fairmont’s most talented chefs, while enjoying the lifestyle of the Canadian Rockies. Bring your talent to new heights.
What is in it for you:
- Experience living in Banff National Park in the iconic location of Lake Louise
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
- One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Employee Travel Program
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
- Prepare the necessary food items as directed by the Chef de Partie/Sous Chef in accordance with standards and in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keep work station clean and organized including fridges/freezers, countertops and stovetops
- Ensure that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keep overproduction and food waste to a minimum in order to reduce food cost expense
- Will operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to Chef de Partie/ Sous Shef in a timely fashion
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized Culinary School an asset
- Self‑motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Physically fit to lift trays repeatedly, stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS