You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
What you will be doing:
The Server is responsible for taking the guest’s food and beverage orders, interacting one on one with the guests, providing excellent customer service and ensuring guest satisfaction. This is a fast-paced position with constant guest interaction. This person must be highly motivated, energetic and possess great communication skills. Scheduling starts May 1st- October 1st.
Job responsibilities include; although are not limited to:
- Display a congenial appearance and is well groomed at all times.
- Take orders and answer questions or make recommendations for menu listed products.
- Clear, clean, reset and maintain restaurant tables during shift.
- Assist other Servers to give the best possible service as specified in Restaurant Standards of Service Manual.
- Understands the processes of delivery and removal of all product and equipment.
- Handle all guest checks according to Hotel policy.
- Maintain pars and equipment as needed to successfully accomplish all restaurant service tasks.
- Completion of side work as assigned by Manager.
- Assist guests in a friendly, professional and polite manner.
- Follow directions from Manager at all times.
- Maintain proper uniform, ID badge and nametag at all times.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior serving experience with a minimum of 2 years in a similar restaurant environment.
- Food Handlers Card required.
- High School graduate
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic math skills and the ability to use a calculator.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of Restaurant operations, its services, and facilities.
- Must have superior guest service abilities as well as a complete understanding of California serving guidelines.
- Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Restaurant environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Your team and working environment
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS