Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Brisbane (Brisbane) Marketing
We are 'relentlessly guest obsessed' at Novotel Brisbane South Bank. Everything we do, we do to help our guests and our people feel welcome and feel valued to give them the best experience possible.
Our hotel is nestled in South Bank, with direct access to The Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. South Bank is Brisbane’s premier lifestyle and cultural destination on the southern banks of the Brisbane River, it is open 365 days a year and attracts an estimated 11 million visitors annually. The hotel offers 238 rooms, an on trend open kitchen and bar and meeting venues for up to 120 delegates.
There is a rare and exciting opportunity for aspiring marketing professional to join our team as Sales & Marketing Coordinator on a full-time basis.
Reporting to our Director of Commercial and Guest Experience with a dotted reporting line to the Senior Business Development Manager and Digital Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will assist the sales and marketing team with administrative tasks, as well as hotel & departmental projects to ensure the smooth running of the department.
What we offer?
A few of our employee tag lines are #itsgoodtobeus #feelwelcomed #feelvalued and if you look on Instagram or LinkedIn – you will see this come alive!
We live by our 4 key principles:
- People Crave Belonging
- People Want the Real Deal
- Every Person has a Story
- People Hate to be Wrong
We encourage you to bring the ‘real you’ each and every day, and connect with our guests and our people.
You will have the opportunity to build your own skills and expertise to reach your personal and career goals. By joining the team, you will unleash a huge array of great employee benefits.
In this role you will:
- Assist all members of the Sales & Marketing team with administrative tasks as required, including but not limited to management of Purchase Plus, ACDC, Gift Vouchers, Welcome Cards, Departmental Reporting.
- Assist Digital Marketing Manager with marketing projects, including but not limited to updating of hotel websites, copywriting, social media and photoshoots.
- Assist Senior Business Development Manager with sales tasks, including but not limited to proposals, contracts, site inspections, telemarketing.
- Assist Meetings & Events Coordinator, Group Reservations Coordinator and Revenue Manager with projects and tasks as requested.
- Assist Group Reservations Coordinator with group movement tasks.
- Assist in the maintenance of hotel database of key contacts / clients.
- Work with the sales and marketing team to ensure simple clear policy and procedures are in place.
- Use of hotel PMS and Sales Systems.
- Assist with any other tasks and/or activities requested by Director of Commercial & Guest Experience.
What we are looking for?
- A genuine individual with an interest in undergoing development within a sales and marketing team in a high pace environment
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in sales and marketing an advantage
- A creative flair and a natural ability to generate ideas to engage our guests
- Be comfortable designing collateral
- The ability to work within a team and build report with all departments in the business
- Highly organised self-starter with the ability to effectively manage priorities
- Projects a professional image through presentation and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to think on their feet and problem solve
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English on a business level; additional languages are a plus
- A high standard of grooming and presentation
What is in it for you?
- Fun and friendly work environment. We have an 86% employee engagement score!
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Learn Your Way Academie
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.