RESTAURANT HOST - Full Time - Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa To be of service to the guest. To interact and meet the needs of guests both on the phone and in person in a professional, positive and gracious manner as a representative of SMI. Oversee the ebb and flow of the dining room floor and the lobby
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing: Other duties may be assigned.
- Anticipate guest expectations
- Answer the phone using proper standards and etiquette.
- Take, record, and confirm with accuracy restaurant reservations in accordance with the reservation guidelines
- Use clear and concise communication with the assistants, servers, lead servers, and the Director of Restaurant Operations regarding the needs of the guests
- Escort guests to the appropriate table in the dining room
- Take and carry guests’ coats and drinks
- Interact with arriving / departing guests by maintaining a presence at the host stand
- Be familiar with all aspects, events and services of Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa
- Assist in cleaning, clearing and setting tables
- Serve from the cheese cart and maintain extensive knowledge of cheeses
- Maintain knowledge of menu
- Keep menus accurate and clean
- Maintain cleanliness of the restaurant and lobby
- Reports to Management or Lead Server.
- Does not supervise any employees in this position.
Your experience and skills include: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Successful completion of bar tending position training position
- Must have excellent communication skills and be very organized.
- Must have legible penmanship.
- Must have calm and warm manner
- Be able to work flexible hours including mid-shift, weekends, and holidays
Your team and working environment:
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, an elegant Spanish mission-style Inn, boasts exceptional accommodation in the heart of Wine Country. As one big team, we know that only together we can do amazing things. A community of service professionals coming together with a common purpose to welcome, connect, and serve others.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be able to provide proof that they are legally able to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS