Resort Operations, Management Trainee - Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa (Hotel)
Passionate about leadership, hospitality and service? Ready to launch your career in Hotels with a global organization? As Resort Operations, Management Trainee you will be immersed into the Hotel Operations as a member of our Hotel Leadership Team.
What is in it for you:
- Launch into your hospitality leadership career by building a foundation through hands on meaningful experiences
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide, including Fairmont Hotels
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Competitive and flexible Health Care Benefit Plans to meet you and your family’s unique needs
- Vacation Benefits after 90 days, 401k match at 100% of first 4% of contributions
What you will be doing: Reporting to the Director, Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following
- Rotate through select operational departments in the Hotel, which could including Housekeeping & Laundry, Front Office, Restaurants, Banquets, and/or Spa to provide operational leadership and direction for the day to day operations
- Conduct daily line ups with the team to review hotel information, business forecasts, upcoming business, health & safety, etc.
- Ensure brand standards are maintained with highest level of quality, cleanliness and visual appeal
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying proper areas
- Assist with scheduling team members to align with labor management standards
- Communicate effectively with all departments and thrive for guest feedback
- Work with the team on new processes and actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions to improve the environment and hotel experience
- Balance operational, administrative and colleague needs by focusing on guests feedback surveys, colleague feedback surveys and financial results
- Assist in overall Hotel management responsibilities as needed
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all health and safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry required, preferably in a Hotel setting
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Diploma/Certification in Hospitality, Hotel, and/or Restaurant discipline an asset
- Service focused personality and passion for hospitality
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
Your team and working environment:
- Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, an elegant Spanish mission-style Inn, boasts exceptional accommodation in the heart of Wine Country. As one big team, community of service professionals, we come together and work with a common purpose to welcome, connect and serve others.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must provide proof that they are legally able to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is an Equal Opprotunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS