Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Resort Assistant Manager (Duty Manager)
As Resort Assistant Manager with our hotels, you are responsible for the efficient management of the front desk operations specifically arrival and departure involving the reception and cashiering in a smooth and efficient manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily Operations of the Front Desk.
- Coach, lead, guide and direct the efforts of the team of Reception Agents.
- Provide support to Front Desk manager in the daily operational duties.
- Consistently offer friendly, engaging and a service culture that contributes positively to the service provided within our brands.
- Adhere to the established financial guidelines and control all costs.
- Regularly review „Open Balance‟ report and ensure that guests in-house have sufficient deposit to cover for their estimated total charges upon departure.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization/completion/sale using electronic acceptance methods.
- Overlook the operational house bank.
- Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using acceptable electronic device; including corrections and adjustments in guest folio.
- Maintain an accurate filing system.
- Liaise with Front Desk colleagues on all outstanding bills and ensure full payment of departing guests.
- Ensure that the hotel credit policies are adhered to at all times.
- Perform daily “bucket check report” against guest folio ensuring that charges are accurately posted and support receipts are properly filed/attached.
- Ensure that team members and one’s cash report is balanced and closed at the end of the shift with remittance envelop dropped in the cash vault.
- Review all reservations, assign room blockings
- Constantly check reservations to ensure room availability and special blockings are handled correctly.
- Perform registration process by obtaining data from guest and by observing the established guidelines.
- Check all transactions performed by Front Desk colleagues during shift and countersign on designated space in the registration card signifying approval.
- Ensure that repeat guests are pre-registered, when necessary.
- Update and maintain guest history/profile of all guests.
- Overlook and drive ALL loyalty and guest recognition programs.
- Manage the submission of all local government requirements/information concerning hotel guests.
- Manage the strict control of room keys.
- Ensure that all rooms which are due to check-out are checked and the daily housekeeping discrepancy reports are resolved.
- Promotes and follows a safe work environment.
- Promotes and leads a service driven, results driven work environment.
- Follows departmental SOP‟s (Standard Operating Procedures) including all safety policies.
- Promote all hotel services, offers and facilities and their operating hours.
- Passion for guest service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Previous experience as a Butler is a must
- Fluency in English, and at least one additional language
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests.
- Knowledge of Micros-Fidelio Property Management System an asset.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Experience with a Hotel loyalty program an asset.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS","industry":"Food Manufacturers