Duties & Functions:
· Accountable for maximizing revenue by converting reservation enquiries in accordance with the hotel selling strategy, and providing an excellent standard of customer service
· To answer all incoming reservation enquiries, by telephone, fax or email, in a timely manner, to the agreed departmental standard, and wherever possible convert them into bookings
· To be fully knowledgeable in the operation, functionality and standards required in using Opera and Delphi
· To adhere to the minimum rate / minimum stay selling strategies, as implemented by the revenue team, whilst always attempting to gain the highest possible revenue advantage for the hotel
· To input reservations into Opera reservation system, ensuring all details are accurate and complete in line with agreed departmental standards
· To update any special requests and billing details in Opera
· To give a polite and friendly response to all incoming telephone enquiries
· To be fully aware of the hotels facilities and to pass information on to the customers, and to maximize hotel revenue by taking every opportunity to up-sell products and hotel services wherever possible
· To process all enquiries and reservation confirmations on the same day as receipt
· To maintain accurate filing systems for all correspondence within the department
· To build a good rapport with customers / regular bookers on the telephone to encourage future loyalty and business opportunities
· To identify potential sales leads for the sales team to develop future accounts
· To be aware of the hotels financial targets and the contribution made by the reservations team in achieving those targets
· To ensure a high degree of personal skills, accuracy and attention to detail, and a positive attitude
· To perform as part of a team, assisting colleagues where necessary and carrying out relevant duties as requested by the Reservations Supervisor and Regional Director of Revenue
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills :
· High School Diploma or equivalent required. College Degree in Business, Hospitality, or Related field preferred
· One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
· Hotel reservations experience gained in the Middle East preferable
· Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
· Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with Arabic and other languages preferred
· Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
· Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Develop your talent through learning programs by Academy Accor.
- Opportunity to grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to contribute to local community and make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.