Reception Team Member
Are you ready for a Career Jump?
Do you like to welcome and connect with people? Do you like a role that is varied requiring you to offer a service on multiple levels?
Come and be a part of the opening of Accor Hotels UK & Ireland's flagship property in Canary Wharf.
As a Reception Team Member - or Welcomer as we call it, you will be the first and last point of contact for the guest, together with the team you will manage guest enquires and requests. You will look to personalise the guest experience with sparkling moments. Of course there is admin and other technical bits, so if you have knowledge of Opera this would be a plus.
If this sounds like you then apply within!
Meals on duty, uniform and dry cleaning, paid holidays, free hotel breaks and group discounts, a bonus scheme of up to a full extra salary based in hotel and performance objectives.
Great opportunities for your career development, access to an in-house job offer site, cross profession & cross business link.
All employees participate in an employee bonus scheme which provides you with the opportunity to earn an extra salary pro-rata.
A good level of English, both written and spoken is essential and flexibility is required as there will be a combination of early morning, evening, nights occasionally and weekend shifts.
• You will be entitled to 28 days paid holiday (pro-rata) in each full holiday year, including Bank holidays
• Discretionary sick pay scheme
• Staff meals offered at the hotel
• Enjoy the Benefits of Bienvenue Card from day one - including discount accommodation, bonus breaks, discounts on the Eurostar and car hire
• Cycle to work scheme (Subject to T&Cs)
• Planned and structured induction training
• 1:1 coaching from your department HOD
• Opportunities for cross training in other departments
• Career opportunities across a network of international brands which are part of the Accor family including Sofitel, Fairmont, Swisshotel & Raffles
Novotel London Canary Wharf is a new stylish 39 storey hotel, a close walk from Canary Wharf underground station. Located in the city's iconic commercial district, the hotel is within easy access of London's main tourist attractions. The hotel features a contemporary restaurant, bar and roof terrace with stunning 360 views across the London skyline. With 9 fully equipped meeting rooms, free WiFi, a state-of-the art gym and a pool, it's the perfect setting for both business and leisure stays.
Novotel London Canary Wharf is a close walk from Canary Wharf underground station, providing easy access to the City, the O2 Arena and Greenwich. With 9 meeting rooms, free WiFi and a pool, it's the perfect setting for both business and leisure stays.
No agencies at this time. Thank you.
At Novotel, we grow faster
Feel fully responsible, be autonomous, adaptable, professional, have a love of adventure and a desire to stretch your limits: that’s the Novotel spirit .
An international brand with a network of 400 hotels in 60 countries, Novotel’s success is due to the professionalism and enthusiasm of its 30 000 employees who have been embodying the brand’s ideals for over 40 years.
DNA of the brand, innovation is at the heart of the promise made to employees: "At Novotel, we grow faster" . To transform this promise into reality, Novotel has implemented a unique human resources policy declined around five main professional career paths. Novotel accompanies each employee throughout their career. Integration, geographic mobility, bridging provision, skills development… everyone is given the opportunity to progress quickly and go further. Impossible is not Novotel.
Watch the video
Level of Education Vocational education
Areas of study Hospitality
Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and be in possession of a current work visa. In line with the requirements set by the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
AccorHotels, l’hôtelier mondial de référence !
- Une présence dans 100 pays.
- 4 300 hôtels et près de 620 000 chambres.
- Un large portefeuille de marques, allant du luxe à l’économique : Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Rixos, MGallery, Grand Mercure, Pullman, Swissôtel, Angsana,The Sebel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter, Adagio, ibis, ibis Styles, ibisbudget, hotelF1.
Aujourd’hui, AccorHotels est bien plus qu’un leader mondial : c’est un groupe de 250 000 hôteliers qui partagent une même passion.
Notre ambition : être l’acteur hôtelier mondial de référence. Pour proposer à nos clients, collaborateurs, partenaires, une expérience unique.
Pour cela, le Groupe a annoncé, le 3 juin 2015, élargir son terrain de jeu, pour accélérer sa transformation. AccorHotels devient plus ouvert, plus connecté et plus affirmé, et ce afin de continuer à bousculer les codes de l’hôtellerie.
Sous l’impulsion de Sébastien Bazin, Président-directeur général, la stratégie du Groupe s’appuie sur plusieurs fondamentaux :
- un nouveau nom, AccorHotels, une nouvelle promesse, Feel Welcome, exprimés à travers une identité renouvelée.
- deux expertises d’opérateur/franchiseur (HotelServices) et de propriétaire/investisseur
- un large portefeuille de marques de renommée internationale allant du luxe (Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, The Sebel), à l’économique (ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, adagio access et hotelF1) en passant par le milieu de gamme (Swissôtel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter,
- la puissance de sa place de marché et de son programme de fidélité Le Club AccorHotels ;
- l’engagement depuis près de 50 ans d’un groupe citoyen et solidaire avec son programme de développement durable PLANET 21.