Receiver - Part Time
The Receiver is a critical role who works closely with all departments to make sure that the hotel can deliver superior guest service. Take your career to a whole new level and join our Accounting/Purchasing team. Success requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and clear communication.
What’s in it for you:
Fairmont Pittsburgh, a LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh’s business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting. Part of the Accor Group, we provide travel discounts to global Accor properties, online learning programs and growth opportunities for career development.
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Maintain safe, sanitary and secured environment for all locked storerooms.
- Cleaning storerooms
- Coordinate the movement of goods from the loading dock to storerooms
- Ensure that all products are received and/or returned according to hotel standards and policies
- Maintain accurate records of all requisitions, purchase orders, deliveries and disbursements. Record and confirm all discrepancies as required
- Communicate discrepancies clearly on invoices or packing slips to ensure Accounts Payable has accurate information for payment
- Assist Department Heads with purchasing systems as questions arise
- Ensure that all goods are appropriately requisitioned and recorded before disbursing
- Contact suppliers to coordinate and correct discrepancies
- Contribute to a fun, positive work environment for the Accounting Team and other colleagues
- Assist the Director of Finance and Purchasing Manager with any projects that may arise
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of one year experience in a shipping/receiving department or storeroom is required. More extensive experience is preferred
- Food handling is an asset
- Able to demonstrate that he/she is able to work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Balancing multiple projects and adhering to deadlines is essential
- Candidate must be highly organized, pay close attention to detail and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A driven individual with willingness to both learn and teach others is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Exel is required. Experience with BirchStreet purchasing system is an asset
- Must be available for Thursday, Fridays, and Saturdays and able to work a flexible schedule in order to complete all tasks before deadline. Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Your team and working environment:
- Physical requirements of the position may include but not limited to:
- Exerting up to 50 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, reach or otherwise move objects
- Must be able to bend and reach, lift and move boxes, push and pull deliveries, and perform other physical activity as required throughout shift
- Necessary use of equipment such as pallet jacks, carts, box cutters on a regular basis
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS