A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Manager to be part of the opening of a luxury lifestyle resort in Southern Spain.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The Purchasing Manager manages all aspects of purchasing, receiving, storage and inventory control in synergy with Accor Procurement team, leveraging group platform.
As Purchasing Manager, you negotiate and establish contracts with the most competitive prices for highest quality goods and service. You are up to date on new and alternative products and conduct regular market surveys (to reap the maximum price benefits of purchasing power).
You implement and enforce all operating and control procedures in compliance with local and corporate guidelines to ensure that movement of goods into and within the hotel is properly accounted for.
You will work closely with all departments of the hotel ensuring that they have adequate supplies to perform their duties in an efficient manner and respecting budget constraints.
The Purchasing Manager reports to the Director of Finance.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS INCLUDE:
· 3 years of experience in a comparable role in high end hospitality
· University or College degree in a similar sector
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Spanish and English proficiency
· Strong negotiation skills and general knowledge of accounting principles
· Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
· Ability to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
· Entrepreneurial spirit
To be confirmed if a storage manager will be hired if not add:
· Supervise the receipt and storage of food & beverage goods in the storeroom
· Ensure that all products issued from the storeroom are properly requisitioned and signed for.
· Ensure the proper rotation and turnover of food & beverage goods.
· Order food & beverage items as specified through weekly bids to ensure the best prices at all times.
· Assist in month-end or quarterly inventories to include the preparation and extension of forms.
· Assist in completing the daily summary of food & beverage items issued and received.
· Maintain work area to the highest standards of appearance and cleanliness at all times.
· Reconcile food & beverage items’ receipts with Accounting on a weekly basis.