Pastry First Cook
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
What is in it for you:
- Employee accommodation available
- Full time employees will be eligible to join the benefit plan which includes extended medical through Canada Life (Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability)
- Full time employees will also be eligible to participate in Fairmont Pension Plan, which includes matched employee contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Food preparation, cooking, plating, and presentation
- Kitchen maintenance and cleaning, following food safety requirements
- Maintaining inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment
- Monitor present and upcoming business volumes as well as food items and to communicate relevant information to their department in a timely manner
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances and handle guest allergy concerns with appropriate care and importance by reporting to Sous Chef
- Train and supervise junior staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
- Minimum of three years pastry experience, preferably in a similar high volume environment is required
- Previous experience in chocolate, sugar or breads is an asset
- Diploma/Certification in a culinary discipline an asset
- Red Seal Certification or international equivalent is required
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, Safe Food Handling certificate and both can be completed upon the commencement of employment
Physicals aspects include but are not limited to:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Your team and working environment:
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 526 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure- start yours today!
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS