Part Time Steward/Dishwasher
Do you have a heart to serve and love being part of a team? As Steward, you will assist in the execution of memorable Food & Beverage experiences for our guests.
The Steward is responsible for the cleaning and delivering of service equipment for the Culinary department, service team, the plate set-ups for Banquets, and the overall cleanliness of the area where they work.
What is in it for you:
· Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
· Discount on Food & Beverage
· Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
· Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
· Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitizing of all surfaces
· Keeping floors and work areas clear of hazards and obstruction
· Responsible of the operation of kitchen cleaning equipment
· Demonstrates Fairmont Service Promise and Fairmont Values in all interactions with both guests and colleagues.
· Cleans and sanitizes all service equipment that is used through out the course of their shift.
· Works efficiently to ensure that all Service and Culinary staff have the equipment they need to succeed at the job.
· Assists culinary staff with dish-ups.
· Ensures Banquet plate set-ups are accurate and completed daily.
· Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the Cantina, and ensures the Cantina dishes are cleaned and restocked.
· Maintains supplies and reports any shortages in supplies promptly
· Reports any maintenance concerns to engineering.
· Reports any guest issues to the Chief Steward.
· Adheres to Fairmont Hotels & resorts grooming standards.
· Completes assigned daily tasks and reports any tasks not finished.
· Attends and participates in daily Culinary/Stewarding briefings and acknowledges and adheres to Stewarding/Culinary standard of the day.
· Adheres to Health & Safety standards and ensures safe work practices are followed at all times.
· Adheres to environmental policies and procedures.
· Your experience and skills include:
· Organized and a great team player
· Passionate about maintaining a clean and safe working environment
· Understanding of food safety and hygiene
· Must possess outstanding guest service skills with a professional presentation.
· Must possess a keen eye for detail.
· Previous Stewarding/Kitchen experience preferred
· Must be capable of meeting the physical demands of the position.
· Must be flexible with working hours.
· Proficient in English, written, and verbal.
· WHMIS is an asset.
· Must be capable of standing and walking for long periods of time.
· Must be capable of bending, kneeling, and climbing a ladder.
Your team and working environment:
Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba -- at the historic corner of Portage and Main -- Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the city is at your feet.
Visa Requirements: To be eligible for employment with Fairmont Winnipeg, you must be in possession of a working visa for Canada. We do not provide offer letters to applicants seeking to get their work visas. Applicants must have their work visas in place prior to applying.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS