Part Time Server, Hawthorn
You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Creating heartfelt moments for our guests
- Remarkable Recoveries if needed
- To welcome our guests into Hawthorn with a pleasant greeting, ensuring their experience exceeds their expectations through attentive, personal service, and thanking them for their business
- Responsible for upselling/serving food and beverage
- Knowledge of the companies where our products are sourced from
- Follow Hawthorn and Fairmont policies, procedures and service standards
- Complete knowledge and adhere to the Leading Quality Assurance Standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Knowledge of the local partnerships
- Must be available to work flexible shifts
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience is an asset
- Must be personable, presentable, and professional
- Minimum of 2 years serving experience in an upscale lounge environment is required
- Extensive knowledge of cocktails, wine and spirits
- Must have excellent English language skills and be able to speak, read and understand at a professional vocabulary level
- Previous bartending experience required
Your team and working environment:
Centrally located in downtown Calgary, The Fairmont Palliser is the city’s premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, and the recent completion of an extensive renovation project, The Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS