Description de l'offre
• Welcome guests in the evening and during the night.
• A multi skilled position
• Prepares and serves hot & cold drinks drinks from the bar as required.
• Prepares the breakfast buffet
• Prepares and serves hot & cold snacks and meals during evening and the night as required.
• Carries out kitchen & restaurant cleaning duties
• Contributes to guests' permanent satisfaction by providing high quality services throughout their stay
• Helps meet the department's quantitative targets by carrying out sales initiatives
• Welcomes guests as soon as they arrive with great care and attention
• Carrys out security walk arounds during the night
• Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into consideration
• Handles any guest complaints and/or remarks; provides a response as soon as possible, respecting the Ibis 15-minute contract
• Completes all tasks linked to the guest's arrival and departure in compliance with internal procedures
• Informs guests about any particular conditions or formalities during the stay, and about the services offered by the hotel
• Has an impeccable attitude which conveys the image of the brand and hotel
Usual shift pattern from 4 nights on, 4 nights off, 12 hour shifts.
Meals on duty and uniform are provided.
Ibis and its people
Simplicity, Modernity, Well-being
Acteurs, the Ibis staff training and professional development programme , enables staff to:
- become more professional by acquiring new skills,
- learn a second profession,
- be more independent in guest relations,
- receive recognition for their skills
Level of Education Vocational education
Areas of study Hospitality
Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
Previous experience working in a hotel during the night.