“Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told”
Job Title: Night Receptionist
Department: Guest Experience
Inspired & Supported by: Night Manager
Your purpose will be:
Delivering an exceptional seamless guest service experience overnight and carrying out the overnight audit with accuracy and efficiency.
You will be accountable for:
- Passionately and expertly creating a 5 star luxury guest experience, characterised by flawless efficiency and authentic emotional connection
- Taking ownership of any guest request which comes your way seeing it through until completion
- Maximising internal communication networks, adapting to new working methods and supporting all key players to ensure a smooth guest journey
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- Ensure the front hall is covered at all times and provide a warm welcome for all guests
- Confidently undertake all elements of the front desk operation including arrivals, check out and billing
- Prepare guest accounts and process all financial transactions with accuracy
- Ownership of all internal and external guest requests overnight
- Communicate clearly with other teams and through RSM to ensure efficient service for our guests
- Seek opportunities to surprise and delight our guests
- Meet all service standards in every guest interaction
- Pay keen attention to guest preferences and update profiles accordingly
- Administrative duties and assistance with preparation of the night audit
- Ensuring the safety and security of our guests and the hotel
What you will need to do this role:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a luxury hospitality environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written with the ability to communicate effectively with people of all levels
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships
- Ability to multi task and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Previous experience of guest complaint handling and going the extra mile to meet guest needs
- Flexibility to work different shifts including night shifts
- Knowledge of OPERA PMS
Knowledge of ALICE concierge system
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues.
How you will be Extraordinary:
- Your passion for hospitality and your enthusiasm for what you do are clear for all to see.
- You are gifted in building authentic relationships with our guests and colleagues, tuning into what they need and always going the extra mile to make them feel special. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Your glass is always half full and your positive energy is infectious.
- You are adaptable, and enjoy doing a variety of different things. You would never say ‘it’s not my job!’
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and prioritising brilliantly, so that you consistently deliver to a high standard
- You have an eye for detail and are committed to doing everything you can to get it right first time for our guests and colleagues
- You are constantly thinking about how we can improve the way we do things and create and even better guest and colleague experience
- You are an expert in what you do best, and have the appetite to learn how to do new things
- You are self-motivated, and take ownership for driving your own performance , thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job
You work brilliantly with colleagues across the hotel so that we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable guest experience
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of The Savoy family – our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people