Night Auditor - Mövenpick Wellington
NEW ZEALAND Hotels - Restaurants
Accor Wellington represents a portfolio of leading hotels including Sofitel, Mövenpick, Novotel and Ibis Hotels. Joining Accor provides a number of opportunities across all of our Wellington properties!
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS\"
Are you a Night Owl?
Don’t mind being awake in the wee hours of the morning? We have the perfect night role for you.
Effectively undertake the nightly reconciliation of the Hotel’s trading, including the checking and preparation of reports and statistical information in accordance with service standards and auditing procedures during the night shift. Ensure smooth and efficient running of the Hotel's overnight operation, maintaining maximum guest satisfaction and the safety and security of the property.
- Complete thorough audits of all daily revenue and postings, making the necessary adjustments to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Collate paperwork for departures, including credit card and company charges to be forwarded to Accounts department.
- Process all management accounts as required.
- Ensure that reservations details for in house-guests are recorded correctly, ie. room rates, dates of stay, authority to charge.
- Complete relevant computer tasks in relation to Night Audit functions, including posting room charges and daily room revenue.
- Complete 'back up' procedures to save all data.
- Prepare and distribute relevant reports. Maintain hotel weekly and monthly statistics.
- Ensure the safety and security of the property and the smooth and efficient running of the Hotel's overnight operation.
- Provide supervision and support to the Front Office team and other departments when required.
- Ensure department policies and procedures are understood by all employees and observed in tasks performed.
- Ensure effective communication of new and updated information regarding policies, rates and general hotel information.
- Ensure strict procedures are followed for all cash/credit, cheque transactions, accounting and banking procedures, issue of keys and guest confidentiality.
- Be proficient in the use of all front and back office equipment. Ensure preventative maintenance programs are in place.
- Carry out reception duties as required.
- Lead by example when attending to guest requests. Show efficiency in constantly striving to provide Total Customer Satisfaction
- Provide support to the Food and Beverage operation, ensuring room service requests are timely and of the highest quality
- Assist with any overnight housekeeping requests
- Supervise night porter duties, ensuring all are completed to the required standard
- Supervision of porters throughout the shift, ensuring they complete allocated duties to the required standard.
- Maintain cleanliness of loading bay and rubbish area
- Previous experience using Opera- Preferred
- Previous hotel experience- Preferred
- Previous Front Office experience at supervisory level- Preferred
- Leadership capability
- Current GM Certificate or able to obtain
- Full Driver’s Licence (automatic and manual)
- NZ citizen, permanent resident or hold a current and valid work visa/permit.
What is in it for you:
- Offering daily staff meals and dry cleaning allowance for uniforms
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Providing pathways for career advancement within the Accor network worldwide
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Recognising service; annual free one night accommodation, dinner and breakfast at your hotel
- Heartist referral programme
- On-going training, learning and development