Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country’s biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North’s waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world’s highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
Merchandise Supervisor - Waterpark
This Position is responsible to work primarily in retail environments to ensure that they are visibly appealing and enticing to customers. To build and maintain displays and determine what sorts of products should be sold in the store, delegate tasks, also have inventory duties to minimize losses and determine sales trends and what items must be reordered.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- To ensure that all company's Merchandising Directives are being adhered to, and to monitor company's planograms, and initiate improvements if required.
- Schedule and share daily meetings with the merchandising team to discuss, merchandising, sales promotion, administration, and people issues.
- Should be aware of all ongoing and forthcoming promotional activities and to plan accordingly to ensure successful implementation, execution, and follow up.
- Maintain a record of all Point-of-Sale material, ensure the correct usage thereof, and replenish when required.
- Achievement of sales growth expectations
- Ensuring that product prices are clearly marked and that items are properly displayed.
- Overseeing the activities of employees who work on the sales floor.
- Increase in service levels to existing customers.
- Monitor everyday sales and generate daily sales report for management.
- Increasing the Merchandising footprint amongst existing customers currently not being serviced.
- To analyze sales and inventory data to determine consumer preferences to ensure right products are procured to optimize opportunities.
- Supervise the monthly physical inventory count.
- Merchandise pricing and sales promotion activities to meet business goals.
- Monitor stock levels by category and product to identify the fast/slow-moving items and propose an actions plan such as price changes /re-merchandising / cancellations or re-order.
- To reduce stock loss in store. Observes safety and security procedures. Reports any misuse or theft of stock to merchandising manager.
- Assist in planning sales events, trade shows, marketing campaigns, and other product promotional activities.
- Recommend merchandising concepts and ideas to meet sales targets.
- To ensure outstanding presentation and visual merchandising standards are always maintained. Ensure the shop is tidy, clean, and full at the end of the day.
- Provide updates to the business with meetings, presentations, and weekly/monthly report.
- Ensure all staff are kept up to date on changes to products, offers and promotions.
- Ensure compliance with processes that remain efficient, effective, and streamlined
- Communicate to the sales team about all stores targets updates.
- Educate staffs on company’s procedures and compliance.
- To ensure all HR policies and procedures are adhered to.
Your experience and skills include:
- High school diploma.
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Worked in a fast pace, high-turnover organization. The water park experience is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Arabic is an advantage
- Good standard of numerical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to be effective and efficient
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Customer focused with ability to objectively assess opportunities and adjust to customer changing needs
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and training skills
- A team player & builder
- Able to develop rapport with colleagues and management staff
- Able to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- To takes the initiative and act with a strong sense of urgency
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS