First impressions are everything! As a Maintenance Person we want our guests to see all public areas of the hotel excellently maintained. The pride you take in ensuring general maintenance and repairs are complete will reflect in guests view of our property as one of superior quality.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. Indulge in an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art meeting facilities and breathtaking harbour views complete with warm and welcoming service. Guests can enjoy a taste of unique local flavour in ARC, our Hotel Restaurant and Bar, then visit our celebrated rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where we source our fresh herbs and honey from.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Facilities, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
· Service and repair duties of guestrooms and public areas
· Minor equipment repairs
· Responsible for keeping all lighting in prime condition and for ensuring that adequate stock is kept on hand to ensure lighting features are well-presented to our guests
· Assisting with guest requests
· Caulking of tubs and showers, repair and replacement of bathroom fixtures
· Provide assistance to other members of the Engineering Team as required.
· To actively participate in our environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
· To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
· Other duties as assigned
· Previous experience is an asset
· Experienced “jack of all trades” in areas such as painting, plumbing, and carpentry
· Previous maintenance experience in a hotel, hospital, shopping centre or office building is preferred
· Have a mechanical aptitude and excellent guest service skills
· Able to work safely with minimum supervision and be able to prioritize tasks
· Team oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Must have an eye for detail
· Class 4 ticket an asset
· Good command of the English language
· Must be available for shift work (4 day work week of 10 hour shifts, including 2 day and 2 overnight shifts)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift
· Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
· Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
· Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
· Crawling through confined spaces
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!