- Oversees day to day operations of the department, including repairs, alteration, and installation of work.
- Lead the Maintenance function providing both, a reactive and proactive multi-skilled service on all operational equipment and hotels’ infrastructure.
- Responsible for planned scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out.
- Increase the site operational effectiveness, improve on project delivery, reduce equipment failure room downtime
- Manage and implement improvement plans, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Manage the teams on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst leading the department and mentoring direct reports
- Identification of potential lifecycle deficiencies, produce capital budgets to match lifecycle expectancies
- Implement and manage continuous improvement of maintenance services by highlighting recommending changes where necessary.
- Responsible for the implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance in particular, the sustainable maintenance and the reduction of energy consumption strategy
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on maintenance activities
- Cover shifts as required including duty manager
- Set and implement preventative maintenance programmes, thus ensuring quality of the FF&E and plant equipment
- Control invoices and external providers’ costs
- Work with GMs to elaborate maintenance budget and ensure compliance of their hotel
- Complete monthly energy reports and record
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and guests
- Inspect works to ensure compliance with required standards, and performance targets and take corrective action under direction of line management as appropriate
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the hotels under their responsibilities
- Planning, managing and coordinating projects and maintenance works including budgets
- Produce information, analysis and reports to ensure line management are informed of project/work progress, problems and agreed resolutions
- Delivery small scale projects (P&L) including lifecycle works ensuring performance quality levels are met throughout, risks to delivery are treated in a timely manner
RECRUITMENT & PERSONNELL
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance team members
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing and autonomous maintenance team
- Provide technical expertise and support to the teams
- Allocate the appropriate Human Resources in the cluster
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
- Complete departmental performance reviews
Education / Professional experience
Formal Qualification in Mechanical, HVAC or Electrical or operational experience
Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft tools & outlook
3 years management experience
Ability to read & write risk assessments
Budget planning CAPX & OPEX cost controls
Proven experience of project management
Flexibility to travel and attend regional & UK meetings
Skills / Qualities
Ensure all staff embody the same mindset by developing each individual's sense of curiosity,
Open-mindset, interpersonal skills and sense of initiative.
• Guest oriented, service minded and attention to detail
• Can-do Attitude
• Team leader, a natural leader
• Operational mind-set
• Hands-on approach