Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. As a server assistant, you will take pride in the integral role you play in supporting your Food & Beverage Colleagues and “setting the stage” for a truly memorable meal.
What is in it for you:
Experience our 3 signature restaurants on our beautiful property.
Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
· Exhibit sincere hospitality. Go above and beyond for the guest. Be obsessed with guest satisfaction.
· Complete knowledge of all products, procedures, and standards.
· Be an expert on all things restaurant related. Ace tests. Answer questions. Study.
· Offer the highest level of support. Assists their server as much as possible in as many ways as possible.
· Clears tables when guests are finished. Works with other bussers and servers to make sure enough “hands” are available when a table is finished.
· Sets each table in their section flawlessly and perfectly. Checks each table for completeness of setting. Obsessed with knolling (organizing by parallel or 90 degree angles. Makes sure tables are aligned perfectly, chairs are aligned perfectly, candle holders, etc., etc.
· Stocks side stations and maintains appropriate pars of silverware, glassware, napkins, share plates, marking trays and condiments throughout service.
· Takes pride in polishing items and makes sure they are fingerprint and smudge free. QUIETLY stocks these stations by placing items in gently and softly.
· Maintains water levels throughout service. Remember which positions are which tables are drinking which type of water.
· Picks up debris and cleans any spills or grease on the floor. Be the first person to grab a broom and dustpan when something breaks.
· Maintains overall cleanliness of the dining room. Checks chairs, banquettes, as well as underneath tables.
· Helps clean and stock all supplies. Organizes and stocks appropriate linen pars.
· Performs all assigned side work before, during, and after their shift. (bonus points for doing it with a smile).
Your experience and skills include:
· Previous experience of at least one year in food and beverage
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
A team of Heartists that are committed to working together, supporting each other, and providing the best guest experience Feel Valued, Feel Sparked, We Are One
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS