In Room Dining Coordinator , The Savoy
London (Greater London) Hotels - Restaurants
“Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told”
Job Title: In Room Dining (IRD) Coordinator
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: In Room Dining Manager
Your purpose will be:
As a in room dining coordinator you will be responsible to co-ordinate all service requirements addressed to Room Service department, primarily responsible for taking guest orders over the telephone or verbally, processing these orders accurately and timely using the POS terminal. Making sure to communicate with the supervisor, butler and chef on duty regarding the orders and any special requests.
You will be accountable for:
- Communicating with various other departments, using Micros & RMS app for room clearance, room changes, checking status of the rooms and amenity delivery.
- Printing daily reports
- Updating VIP list
- Assisting the department with any other administration and any other duties as and when requested
- Assisting the IRD manager with achieving high scores on various guest satisfaction surveys, recognizing repeat guests and following standard procedures
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- Answering all telephone calls and prioritising these calls
- Directly dealing with guest requests and orders that must be done courteously, efficiently and promptly
- Having good knowledge of in room dining menus and on-going promotions and offering in other F&B outlets
- Providing recommendations and suggestions to guests upon requests
- Be knowledgeable of all services, facilities and products offered by the hotel
- Consider the satisfaction of all guests by ensuring prompt, courteous and efficient service at all times
- Pay attention to guest orders, and know the menu thoroughly
- Write down all information’s clearly and highlight special requests.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, and product availability
- Giving approximate delivery time to the guest according to the time evaluation system established by the Outlet Manager and the Sous Chef.
- If the order has not been sent up by time, placing a call to the guest to apologies and to re-evaluate the delivery time.
- Ensure correct posting in POS system for communication to the service and kitchen department, including all information including allergen and dietary requirements
- Assist the department to drive guest satisfaction by providing consistent guest experiences.
- Coordinating IRD Waiter/ Waitress`s and the butlers
- Report positive and constructive guest feedback to the manager.
- Promptly handle guest queries, complaints and all issues in a professional manner.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives or suggestions to guests.
- Ensure proper handover is given to the next shift and also to the IRD manager.
- Report cleanliness and maintenance issues to the immediate supervisor
- Ensure that the IRD office and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Ensure proper appearance and grooming while on duty.
- Perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you will need to do this role:
- Ability to communicate with the guests and anticipate their needs.
- Ability to smile and diffuse anger naturally.
- Should have very good telephone etiquettes.
- Have an enthusiastic and positive personality.
- Profound knowledge of customer service
- Knowledge of food and beverage products.
- Hotel Management diploma holder or similar qualification.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in similar role in a similar 5* hotel.
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues.
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of The Savoy family – our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people