“Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told”
Job Title: Heart of House Porter
Inspired & Supported by: Executive Housekeeper
Your purpose will be: To be a key player at the heart of our operation. Taking pride in honouring guest requests with efficiency and personality while working as part of a crucial team to prepare room set ups, pantries, corridors and laundry. You will begin by specialising as a housekeeping porter and have the opportunity to develop your skills to include luggage service and laundry services to become a well-rounded multi skilled heart of house porter .
You will be accountable for:
- Procuring, sourcing, collecting and delivering all guest requests in line with our service standards while taking every opportunity for memorable personalisation
- Handling guest requests, belongings and personal items with the utmost care, security and discretion.
- Preparation and delivery of essential stock promoting a one team mind set
- Ensuring a five star presentation of all assets within the guest environment
- Supporting an extraordinary arrival and memorable departure for our guests
- Always putting our guests first
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
To assist guest servicing agents to present the hotel in an exemplary condition.
- To ensure that all specified areas (pantries, stores, corridors) are cleaned, presented and restocked within the allocated time frame, to the standards required
- To assist the department with deep cleaning, shampoo carpet, room and corridor cleanliness, movement of furniture, delivering of glasses and cutlery to the pantries.
- To report any maintenance/cleanliness issues through the correct channels and to follow through to ensure issues are rectified
- To collect loading bay deliveries and place them in the corresponding storage area
- To assist with the weekly/monthly stock takes.
To assist with guest requests
- To assist the guest servicing agents in handling guest requests and setting up of the rooms in line with guest preferences
- Polishing guest shoes
- To provide a seamless luggage service while assisting with the arrival/departure experience.
- To accurately record all guest luggage and to ensure it is handled and stored securely
- To have thorough knowledge of hotel services and facilities to share with our guests
- To engage enthusiastically with guests demonstrating knowledge and personality
To assist in the laundry and with valet services
- To sort/pack soiled linen, to wash, fold, count and store linen as required
- To prepare linen trolleys for the floors and record linen movements
- To operate washing machines, dryers and flat ironer
- To assist in controlling linen stocks and inventories
- To feed linen correctly into flat ironers for pressing, organizing and prioritizing according to business volumes.
- Other duties as specified by Housekeeping leadership.
What you will need to do this role:
- Warm, enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Able to work under pressure and at high speed.
- The ability to prioritise and organise yourself
- Frequently kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, reaching, standing and walking.
- ‘Can do’ attitude and able to adapt to changes
- Problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Highly responsible and able follow directions thoroughly and work independently with little supervision
- The desire to develop your skills to include luggage service, laundry services and other operating equipment (shampoo machine, washing machines, dryers, ironer)
- 1 year minimum experience in the Hospitality Industry preferred. And 6 months minimum in Housekeeping.
- Flexibility. Working between Monday to Sunday. Able to work different shifts (morning and/or evening) and able to help longer hours if needed.
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues.
How you will be Extraordinary:
- Your passion for hospitality and your enthusiasm for what you do are clear for all to see.
- You are gifted in building authentic relationships with our guests and colleagues, tuning into what they need and always going the extra mile to make them feel special. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Your glass is always half full and your positive energy is infectious.
- You are adaptable, and enjoy doing a variety of different things. You would never say ‘it’s not my job!’
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and prioritising brilliantly, so that you consistently deliver to a high standard
- You have an eye for detail and are committed to doing everything you can to get it right first time for our guests and colleagues
- You are constantly thinking about how we can improve the way we do things and create and even better guest and colleague experience
- You are an expert in what you do best, and have the appetite to learn how to do new things
- You are self-motivated, and take ownership for driving your own performance , thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job
- You work brilliantly with colleagues across the hotel so that we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable guest experience
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of The Savoy family – our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people