“Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told”
Job Title: Heart of House Coordinator
Department: Guest Experience
Inspired & Supported by: Guest Experience and Communications Manager
Your purpose will be:
To provide an extraordinary and seamless guest experience whilst communicating with all teams and ensuring a high attention to detail. A strong level of initiative and team spirit is essential in this role
You will be accountable for:
- Ensuring all enquiries are actioned in a timely and efficient manner while meeting all service standards
- Handling telephone communications encompassing switchboard, including pre-arrival quality control and all in house guest requests, whilst assisting with In Room Dining, Concierge requests and Valet/Laundry
- Providing knowledgeable responses and recommendations to all guest enquiries, whilst taking every opportunity to exceed expectations
- Setting teams up for success through accurate arrivals report checks and clear communication
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- Ensure internal and external calls are handled according to our service standards
- Knowledge of all telephone systems, food and beverage products and services
- Ensure clear communication channels and methods with all other departments in order to facilitate complete guest service
- Full pre-arrival preparation for guests including advance contact with guest, updating the systems and clearly communicating all relevant information with the relevant teams
- Actively participate in up selling and cross selling the hotels services.
- Take in-room dining orders, up-sell daily specials and dishes appropriately, ensuring orders are entered accurately in SilverWare for prompt delivery
- Assistance with rooms coordination to ensure the smooth running of daily operations
- Thorough checking and preparation of pre-arrival reports and coordinating guest itineraries
- To drive innovation and continuous improvement of the department to ensure a seamless experience for all guests from pre-arrival through to post stay.
- To initiate, develop and maintain excellent service standards with a consistent focus on the guest experience.
What you will need to do this role:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate effectively with people of all levels
- Proven organizational skills and able to work independently.
- Enthusiastic and positive with the ability to build trusting relationships
- Previous experience of guest complaint handling and going the extra mile to meet guest needs
- Ability to multi task and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Flexibility to work different shifts including night shifts
- Knowledge of any or all of switchboard operations, HOTSOS, Open Table, SilverWare and OPERA.
- Previous experience in a guest services role.
- 1-3 years experience in the Luxury Hospitality Industry.
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues.
How you will be Extraordinary:
- Your passion for hospitality and your enthusiasm for what you do are clear for all to see.
- You are gifted in building authentic relationships with our guests and colleagues, tuning into what they need and always going the extra mile to make them feel special. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Your glass is always half full and your positive energy is infectious.
- You are adaptable, and enjoy doing a variety of different things. You would never say ‘it’s not my job!’
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and prioritising brilliantly, so that you consistently deliver to a high standard
- You have an eye for detail and are committed to doing everything you can to get it right first time for our guests and colleagues
- You are constantly thinking about how we can improve the way we do things and create and even better guest and colleague experience
- You are an expert in what you do best, and have the appetite to learn how to do new things
- You are self-motivated, and take ownership for driving your own performance , thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job
- You work brilliantly with colleagues across the hotel so that we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable guest experience
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of The Savoy family – our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people