Guest Experience Agent - Part Time
The Guest Experience Agent is a multi-functional role responsible for the complete guest journey from pre-arrival through departure. They will serve as the central point of guest contact for both internal and external guests, and will build relationships through pre-arrival calls and emails. They will handle all calls, including in-room dinning order taking, wake up calls, amenity requests, hotel/restaurant/and tour reservations. They will check-in and check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently, and will escort guests to their destination providing hotel and room orientations. They will be responsible for processing all necessary payments, and upselling guests to upgraded room categories. They will also update guest profiles and preferences. The Guest Experience Agent will be an ambassador for the brand through registering guests for the ALL loyalty program and recognizing and celebrating repeat members loyalty.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Front Office, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrating Reservations, Reception, Concierge, and Royal Service standards of Service & Operational Procedures in all interactions and comply with all brand, hotel and departmental policies and procedures
- Must comply with most current Accor, Fairmont, LQA, and Forbes standards
- Have a complete working knowledge of all applicable systems, machines, and devices.
- Be a driving force for the brand loyalty program. Enroll new ALL loyalty members and update guest ALL profiles. Upon check-in any guest without an ALL membership must be asked if they are a member, celebrating loyalty, and if not member, subsequently offered enrollment.
- Adhere to and promote the Company’s Health & Safety policies to ensure a safe work environment and be knowledgeable about all safety & emergency procedures.
- Be able to handle promptly and effectively any queries arising from guests including in-room dining order taking. Following up with guests as needed within 20 minutes.
- Make and/or modify any hotel, restaurant, tour, and transportation reservations. Enter into respective computer software.
- Maintain, monitor, and ensure all requests are logged and responded to in the “Royal Service Manager” computer system, Opera, KIPSU, ALICE, and common inboxes among other systems
- Maintain knowledge of hotel amenities and services, hotel features, hours of operation, and hotel layout including room types, rates and descriptions.
- Maintain knowledge with the hotels rooming procedure and assist as needed, ensuring all guests are escorted to their room/suite/Fairmont Gold lounge and full hotel tour is conducted
- Provide information about hotel services/Promote internal outlets (Restaurants, etc.), provide accurate knowledge of local area and attractions.
- Use vendors specified by Fairmont Washington, D.C, Georgetown (Limousine, florist, water taxi, city tour, etc.).
- Maintain reservation files, for reservation changes, cancellations, billing, upgrading, etc for all guests
- Responsible for charging no-show fees and late cancellation fees and re-imbursement of no-show fees
- Request internet booking codes for negotiated accounts promo codes from Distribution Services at GRC and communicate these to the clients
- Prepare arrival and amenity reports. Research database for upcoming arrivals, check preferences, comments and stays for each repeat guest.
- Check and audit daily arrivals (possible duplicate reservations) – daily arrivals report to make sure billing is set up accurately, to set up FPC routing and to input special request codes
- Organize package elements based on arrivals
- Reservations entered on report – ensuring billing is set up accurately, checking for duplicates, copy rate code descriptions
- Ensure proper billing instructions are setup, transfers, direct billing and third party payments are arranged accordingly, and process advance deposits
- Maintain knowledge of current hotel selling strategies, room promotions and packages.
- Upsell reservations at all points of the reservations and check in process.
- Ensure all arriving guests provide a valid method of payment; all in-house guests are to have an authorized method of payment on file.
- Communicate VIP arrivals to designated employees for escort and delivery of amenities.
- Assign rooms in the property management system and follow through on designated requirements.
- Monitor online check-in and pre-checked-in requests. Coordinate room readiness with Housekeeping, pre-register guests and prepare room keys for guests’ arrival.
- Process check-in of all hotel and group guests according to established procedures and standards.
- Communicate services and amenities included in packages to guests on packages
- Complete check-out for all hotel and group guests according to established procedures and standards. Encourage folios to be sent electronically.
- Assist with bell and / or door coverage, luggage storage and retrieval when needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Previous front office and/or reservations experience is an asset
- Exceptional ability to work under deadline pressures
- Detail-oriented and numerical aptitude
- Knowledge of Property Manager systems (Opera) an asset
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends and holidays
- The ability to work with little or no supervision is required.
- Positive and team-oriented
- Passion for guest service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, results-oriented, work well under pressure
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Able to lift 30lbs or more.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS