Group Sales Manager
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Group Sales, this role will also work closely with the property Revenue and Sales teams, in addition to our Global Sales and other Accor Hotels representatives.
For this role, our successful candidate will bring a strong analytical and strategic thinking approach, a curious mind, and aspirations to further their career in Hotel sales. The role’s main responsibilities include aggressive development of new business opportunities for the Hotel, a passionate approach to client and Heartist relations, and an insightful understanding of business needs for the Hotel, Fairmont and Accor brands.
Specifically, you will work with the Sales team in analyzing current accounts, collecting and deciphering industry and competitor trending, and applying appropriate strategies to build Group bookings in keeping with our strategic objectives. Previous experience in Hotel Sales is required, as the role has a clearly defined territory that provides un-tapped potential, that needs to also be balanced with maintaining long-term accounts, and maximizing the contribution from multiple stakeholders who are also integral to our success (such as GSO, 3rd party vendors). The overall goal is to maximize revenue for the hotel including Rooms, Banquets and F&B aspects.
What’s in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Handle all aspects of Sales for groups of 8 or more rooms peak night
- Develop and maintain customer base in all markets
- Develop measurable targeted action plans for account penetration and growth
- Exceed personal sales goals, monthly, quarterly, annually, through account development and maintenance
- Attend Sales Meetings, office events, hotel-sponsored functions, industry functions
- Develop lead sources and rapport with key personnel, Accor Global Sales Office sellers and assigned client base
- Coordinate and financially manage sales trips, FAM Trips and conventions within the given territory, including reports or activity pertaining to the specific market
- Supervise an assistant, training activity, reviews and goal setting
- Assist in the planning and strategies of the Group Sales effort
- Maintain active membership in industry related organizations and associations pertaining to the specific market.
- Support goals, objectives and philosophies of Accor Hotels and the Fairmont Washington DC
Your experience and skills include
- A minimum of 3 years of hotel sales or meeting management experience
- Strong prospecting and contract negotiation skills.
- A passion for guest service and excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.