Join us in writing the next chapter of the Carton House story.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the team at Carton House. We have just commenced the final and most exciting phase of renewal for the estate, a thoughtful restoration and luxury redesign which will put the Manor House at the very heart of a new Carton House experience for our guests to enjoy.
As one of Ireland’s most exquisite national treasures, when you arrive at Carton House you enter a place rich with over three centuries of history. Originally the home of the influential and aristocratic Fitzgerald family, its history is as dramatic and storied as that of our nation itself; rich in art, culture, romance and politics, echoes of which can be felt as you walk its halls today.
We are currently recruiting a Golf Services Assistant for our Golf Club. The successful candidate will have experience in guest relations, a keen interest in Golf and will possess a natural ability to deliver friendly, proactive guest service whilst interacting easily with all clientele of Carton House Resort.
- To present a positive personal image to the guest at all times and wear your uniform in accordance with standards outlined.
- To ensure that a safe and secure environment for guests, employees and visitors is maintained at all times.
- To anticipate the guests needs and, whenever possible, to enhance quality service and in turn enhance guest satisfaction.
- Set up clubs, equipment and buggies for all arriving golf customers, keeping all hire equipment clean and appropriately stored.
- Manage the starter/ranger/driving range. Pace of play is to be assisted by appropriate signage and course ranger.
- Manage club cleaning and set up on exit rack after play.
- Keep caddy-masters/courtyard and hire equipment in good repair.
- Manage the driving range and ball collection schedule.
- Set up the Driving Range each morning in preparation for the days play.
- Selling and merchandising within the golf pro shop.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Be highly motivated and driven to achieve targets.
- Will possess excellent communication, organisation and decision-making skills.
- Will have fluency in English, both oral and written.
- Will be flexible regarding working hours.
Why work for Carton House?
- Strong team focus and team atmosphere.
- Meals and uniform are provided.
- Free parking.
- Team-building and social events organised throughout the year in line with our successful Awards and Recognition Scheme.
- Training is provided both on-the-job and through organised training seminars with both internal and external trainers.
At Carton House we offer opportunities for personal development, growth and advancement. Carton House has often been recognised for providing sophisticated and gracious hospitality. The awards won by Carton House are testimony to our consistent unsurpassed service excellence. Carton House is an equal opportunities employer.