With your expertise as the Spray Technician our course will provide an immaculate backdrop to an exceptional golf experience!
What is in it for you:
- Employee accommodation available
- Full time employees will be eligible to join the benefit plan which includes extended medical through Canada Life (Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability)
- Full time employees will also be eligible to participate in Fairmont Pension Plan, which includes matched employee contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Schedules and performs weed control and elimination procedures; organizes and prioritizes weed control inspections, maintenance and responses
- Operates light to heavy vehicles, tools and equipment in the application of various herbicides and lawn care functions, e.g., truck, sprayers, tractors, loader, backhoe, chainsaw
- Operates lawn maintenance equipment in the mowing, edging, weeding, trimming and pruning of grounds, shrub, trees and plant beds
- Utilizes various hand held manual and electrical sprayer and trapping equipment according to the trade/craft being performed
- Applies herbicides as needed in accordance with prescribed use and in accordance with accepted industry practices and regulatory agencies
- Maintains cleanliness of facilities and equipment, inventory of materials and accurate records of chemical and biological agents used
- Ensures the safe and appropriate use of various chemicals agents and substances, mixing such according to label instructions and product specifications, and using in accordance with prescribed safety precautions and directions
- Ensures the disposal of waste and hazardous materials in accordance with prescribed safety policies and environmental procedures and regulatory requirements
- Other tasks as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in golf turf maintenance is required
- Must hold Turf Grass Managers Certificate or equivalent
- Must have BC Pesticide Applications License
- The ability to complete assigned tasks in all weather conditions is a must
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License with a clean record is required
Physical aspects include but are not limited to:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Your team and working environment:
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 526 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure- start yours today!
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS