PURPOSE OF POSITION
To maintain all Mechanical/Electrical/Pumbing/HVAC equipment in good working condition by Carrying out necessary repairs & preventive maintenance.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following: -
- Reports to the Duty Engineer/ Shift Leader regarding daily work progress and work order completion.
- Fault finding & trouble shooting of reported guest room complaints
- Works closely with Duty Engineer/ Shift Leader and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and annual maintenance program.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor.
These includes but are not limited to the following: -
- Able to read Building Services & electrical drawings.
- Able to fault find and repair electrical controls and systems.
- Excellent understanding of electrical installations and systems within modern buildings; TV, Dimmers, BMS, LV controls etc
- Good practical skills capable of the installation and maintenance of SWA, Conduit, Trunking FP 2000 etc. to a high standard.
- Familiar with planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programmes.
- Flexible and team player and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by Duty Engineer/ Shift Leader
- To attain all departmental meetings and training classes.
- Minimum 5 years Electrical/HVAC installation or maintenance experience preferably in Industrial – Commercial Projects. Hotels – Hospitals experience.
- Secondary School + Technical College or equal.
- Trade Certificates, City & Guild or equal.
- Smart, Tidy and Alert.
- Good basic English.
- Experience and knowledge of modern hotel rooms facilities equipment and set-ups.