Job Title: Front Office Team Member
Department: Front Office
Level: Front Line
Responsible to: Front Office Manager
MGallery is a collection of high-end hotels around the world inspired by one of the 3 atmospheres; Heritage, Signature & Serenity and sharing 5 strong values; Excellence, elegance, open mindedness, joie de vivre and respect. Each hotel features a unique personality, keeps its name and its identity and stages with talent a story experienced by guests through its architecture, interior design and services. All hotels of the collection invite guests to have experiences that thrill heart and minds as well as ‘Memorable Moments’.
Overview of duties:
- Welcomes guests and takes care of them from arrival through to departure.
- Contributes to guests permanent satisfaction by providing high quality services throughout their stay.
- Helps meet the departments quantitative and qualitative targets
- To maintain and, where possible, exceed the standards indicated in the MGallery Benchmarks manual.
- To be able to competently recount the hotel story to clientele
- To be aware of the Front Office Policies & Procedures and adhere to them at all times.
- To make yourself familiar with the Hotel facilities and services.
- Assist with any queries that may need to be undertaken and, at all times, maintain confidentiality, particularly with regard to guest details and records.
- Assists guests as required with, but not limited to: theatre, airline, rail tickets, courier service, luggage, car parking and restaurant reservations
- To ensure that your work place is kept neat and tidy as well as restocked at all times.
- To ensure that a high standard of personal hygiene and dress is maintained.
- Be fully conversant with Opera Front Office system and undergo all training that is required.
- To up-sell at every opportunity, in order that revenues are maximised and the hotel achieves the highest yield possible and to provide a more enjoyable stay for our guests.
- To cross-sell within the other departments of the Hotel i.e. food and beverage outlets.
- To start duty at the correct times and finish when the work of the shift has been completed.
- To take and record any reservations as per our Signature procedure and to check that all instructions have been carried out and entered into the computer properly.
- To adhere to the shift checklists in order that the daily tasks for the shift are completed.
- Carry out such tasks according to the Front Office Policies and Procedure, in order that the departmental standards are continually met.
- To know how to handle and react to guest complaints and to make known any issues to the Front Office Management Team and to the relevant departments concerned.
- To carefully record the details of guests with loyalty cards, in order that they receive the correct benefits.
- To be responsible for the updating and maintenance of guest profiles.
- To take special care with the handling of computer reports.
- To give the utmost respect when dealing with the handling of keys and floats and to ensure that the credit policy is adhered at all times.
- To check and balance the end of shift. To carefully prepare your reconciliation for the night concierge and ensure your float is balanced to the agreed amount.
- To issue and log details of clients wishing to use safety deposit boxes, as per the Front Office procedure.
- To treat all employees and guests with respect and be polite to each other
- To communicate effectively with all Front Office departments, to be flexible and assist colleagues where possible. Make good use of the departmental hand-over book
- To liaise with other departments to ensure good communication and offer support.
- To attend departmental and hotel meetings as and when required.
- To be fully conversant with the Staff Handbook.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported immediately and rectified.
- Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency and Bomb procedures.
- Ensure that all emergency procedures are rehearsed implemented and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying Hotel Regulations by strict adherence to existing laws, statutes etc.
- Ensure all staff within the department work in a manner which is safe and unlikely to give risk of harm or injury to selves or others.
To be fully conversant with:
- Hotel fire procedures.
- Hotel and Company Security procedures.
- Hotel Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Hotel facilities and attractions.
- Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures.
- Methods of accepted payment of the Company.
- Short and long term Company marketing promotions.
Skills & Qualities:
- Quality/Excellence driven
- A Genuine joie de vivre and open-mindedness
- Communicator and team player
- Passionate about hospitality/Guest oriented, outgoing and service minded
- Good interpersonal skills and self-confidence
- Sales oriented/commercial savvy
- Dynamic, autonomous and proactive
- Natural elegance and high personal presentation skills
- A thorough and organised approach