Front Office Team Leader - Reception
You ensure that all runs smoothly during the customer's stay. You are involved from the customer's arrival in the hotel, through to their paying and check-out. Other duties: - Answering the telephone and taking reservations - Handling the cash register and billing - Keeping the accounts - reimbursements, payment of deferred travel agency invoices.
• Excellent command of English language, both spoken and written.
• Greet and communicate with all guests in a friendly and helpful manner and attempt to learn their name, using it at least 3 times and at every opportunity.
• Maintain a visible presence in the hotel lobby, presenting a professional, friendly and efficient impression of the Hotel at all times.
• Takes care of guests from their arrival through to their departure, helping them with calls, check-in, check-out, opening the door, luggage and other guest requests
• Contributes to guest satisfaction at all times by providing personalized services throughout their stay.
• To develop high quality relationships with the guests and colleagues ensuring that all tasks relating to guest comfort and satisfaction are treated with utmost priority.
• Responsible for increasing guest satisfaction with personalized service by anticipating guests’ needs and going the extra mile (individual requests, handling priorities, etc.).
• To assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods.
• To escort guests to their rooms while completing the Check-In process, when requested.
• Have knowledge and ensure the welcomers’ are well informed of the facilities and services, events offered by the hotel and the surrounding area and actively promote them.
• To take pride in doing the job well, and to be a keen and motivated team leader of the Front Office team.
• Supervise daily shift process and ensure on a daily basis that all team members adhere to standards and procedures (arrival and departure of guests, accommodation of special requests and handling of VIP arrivals, etc.).
• As a supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring and motivating the front office team.
• Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guests’ preferences and special requests.
• To train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation.
• Build strong relationships and liaise with all other departments especially housekeeping & reservations.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
• Ensure Front office log book and hotel log book is always updated and actioned upon.
• Ensures safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security, manager.
• To effectively handle and resolve any guest problems or complaints and keep Management informed.
• Verify that all transactions performed at the Front Office are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted.
• To meet regularly with the Front of House Manager to review the operation of the service to ensure smooth coordination and communication.
At Novotel, we grow faster
Feel fully responsible, be autonomous, adaptable, professional, have a love of adventure and a desire to stretch your limits: that’s the Novotel spirit .
An international brand with a network of 400 hotels in 60 countries, Novotel’s success is due to the professionalism and enthusiasm of its 30 000 employees who have been embodying the brand’s ideals for over 40 years.
DNA of the brand, innovation is at the heart of the promise made to employees: "At Novotel, we grow faster" . To transform this promise into reality, Novotel has implemented a unique human resources policy declined around five main professional career paths. Novotel accompanies each employee throughout their career. Integration, geographic mobility, bridging provision, skills development… everyone is given the opportunity to progress quickly and go further. Impossible is not Novotel.
Watch the video
Level of Education Vocational education
Areas of study Hospitality
Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
· Power Point
AccorHotels, l’hôtelier mondial de référence !
- Une présence dans 100 pays.
- 4 300 hôtels et près de 620 000 chambres.
- Un large portefeuille de marques, allant du luxe à l’économique : Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Rixos, MGallery, Grand Mercure, Pullman, Swissôtel, Angsana,The Sebel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter, Adagio, ibis, ibis Styles, ibisbudget, hotelF1.
Aujourd’hui, AccorHotels est bien plus qu’un leader mondial : c’est un groupe de 250 000 hôteliers qui partagent une même passion.
Notre ambition : être l’acteur hôtelier mondial de référence. Pour proposer à nos clients, collaborateurs, partenaires, une expérience unique.
Pour cela, le Groupe a annoncé, le 3 juin 2015, élargir son terrain de jeu, pour accélérer sa transformation. AccorHotels devient plus ouvert, plus connecté et plus affirmé, et ce afin de continuer à bousculer les codes de l’hôtellerie.
Sous l’impulsion de Sébastien Bazin, Président-directeur général, la stratégie du Groupe s’appuie sur plusieurs fondamentaux :
- un nouveau nom, AccorHotels, une nouvelle promesse, Feel Welcome, exprimés à travers une identité renouvelée.
- deux expertises d’opérateur/franchiseur (HotelServices) et de propriétaire/investisseur
- un large portefeuille de marques de renommée internationale allant du luxe (Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, The Sebel), à l’économique (ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, adagio access et hotelF1) en passant par le milieu de gamme (Swissôtel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter,
- la puissance de sa place de marché et de son programme de fidélité Le Club AccorHotels ;
- l’engagement depuis près de 50 ans d’un groupe citoyen et solidaire avec son programme de développement durable PLANET 21.