The 4-star Novotel London Tower Bridge is looking for a responsible Front Office Manager who will be in charge of our reception and reservations teams, acting as our company's \"face\" and ensure that our guests are always welcomed.
Within a 1-minute walk from the Tower Hill tube, Fenchurch Street Station and a short walk from the DLR. Novotel London Tower Bridge has 203 guest bedrooms, 7 meeting spaces and Keepers Kitchen & Bar and is well placed in the City, only minutes away from Tower Bridge and The Tower of London. The Southbank, Covent Garden, Oxford Street and The West End are all easily accessible by Tube.
Part of Accor, one of the world's largest and most people-focused hospitality brands so expect all the benefits of working for a leading, award winning brand in your new role.
This position requires:
- 2+ years' experience of working on a Front Desk Manager or Reception Manager position
- Profound experience in customer service? office management and basic bookkeeping procedures
- Good practical knowledge of MS Office? particularly Excel and Word? and proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational? multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Ensures that guests' have a smooth running stay at the hotel
- Manages and motivates front office and reservations teams in order to provide high quality services for guests
- Ensures the department meets its quantitative and qualitative targets
- Increases revenue through his/her sales efforts and by managing rooms revenue effectively (Revenue Management)
- Implements brand and Group projects and identity features
- Carry out Duty Management shifts accordingly DM ROTA and business needs
- Develops close relationships with guests throughout their stay with the aim of gaining their loyalty
- Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into consideration
- Handles guest complaints if they have not been dealt with by team members and provides a rapid solution
- Conveys the hotel's image
- Keeps the database up-to-date
- Induct new staff into the team, department and Hotel in the first week of their employment following guidelines.
- Ensure that all staff under your control carry out their duties in accordance with the Brand and Service Standards and Procedures Manuals
- Openly communicate with staff ensuring regular briefings occur and all relevant information is passed on
- Ensure that strategies and practices are in place to facilitate the efficient and effective staffing of department to achieve financial and service quality targets
- Create a team that works together with trust and takes responsibility to meet the goals of the department / Hotel
- Ensures that invoicing procedures are respected
- Updates dashboard charts (revenue, occupancy rates, average room rate, activity forecasts, headcount planning, etc)
- Draws up the annual budget for the department, analyses results and implements any corrective actions required
- Manages the department's headcount for optimum efficiency
- Is responsible for the efficient running of the department
- Bonus Scheme, providing the opportunity to earn up to an additional 20% of Annual Salary
- Benefit from a two free break in another Accor property in the UK each year
- Pension Scheme
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel and throughout Accor worldwide
- Eyecare vouchers
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Recommend a Friend bonus
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Further discounts in Accor properties worldwide, brands include Fairmont, Raffles, Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Novotel, Mercure and Ibis.
Information on the processing of personal data
When you submit an application to Novotel Hotels (Accor UK Business & Leisure Hotels Limited) trading as AccorInvest UK, the company processes some of your personal data to consider and manage your application.
We may also process data supplied to us by third parties, for example one or more of your former employers or a third-party supplier of personality questionnaires. Please note that your answers to any questionnaire will not lead to an automated decision.
In our capacity as data controller, we ensure that we comply with all legislation relating to the protection of personal data (in particular the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018).