Are you our next Front Office SUPERSTAR!?
A role has become available within our Front Office Team for a Front Office Duty Manager commencing beginning / mid-February. This is a Full Time, minimum 30-hour agreement. The ideal candidate will help manage the day to day operations of both Front Office and Reservations, whilst liaising closely with Housekeeping to ensure room cleanliness standards are maintained.
Reporting directly to the Front Office Manager, this role is hands-on and will include mostly PM shifts spread over a 7-day week roster, some AM shifts on weekends. As a team player, you will lead by example and have a visible presence on the front desk and in the lobby during key times throughout the day. We need our ideal candidate to be 'guest-centric' and performance-driven, keeping emphasis on what our guests want, individualising and personalising service to build a real human connection. You will also ensure procedures are followed and assist with continued development and training of the team to high expectations.
This role will suit somebody that is continuously willing to learn and who strives for excellence within the team. Your rapport with guests is excellent and you have a proven record of exceptional guest service skills.
The ideal candidate will have;
· A diploma in Hospitality Management or relevant qualification (preferred)
· At least 2 years’ experience within the Front Office department (ideally previous hotel Duty Manager or Supervisory experience)
· Experience working in housekeeping and food and beverage
· A passion for delivering genuine and effective guest service/care
· Accuracy and an “eye for detail”
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Immaculate personal presentation and grooming standards
· Ability to multi-task
· A positive can-do attitude
· Experience and willingness managing guest complaints and feedback
· Ability to work autonomously with excellent time management skills
· Strong initiative and ability to think “outside the box”
· Previous Night Audit experience (advantageous)
· Well-honed computer skills and experience/knowledge of Opera PMS
· Accor systems knowledge is an advantage however not essential (including TARS, DataWeb, ResaWeb, Hotel Link)
· The ability to support reservations with the flow and accuracy of all reservations
· Management and leadership skills
· Long term commitment to stay in New Plymouth
· At least an LCQ certificate, a current Manager’s Certificate will be beneficial
· Willingness to join the hotel OSH representative team
· Current eligibility to work in New Zealand for another 2 years
· A full clean NZ driver’s license
The successful person will possess excellent people skills and, think outside the box as well as have the knowledge to deal with difficult situations by thinking quickly on your feet to reach a successful end result.
Wage Range Expectations $20-$21 per hour
· Uniform provided and laundered
· Staff Meals
· Additional hotel discounts