Front Desk Agent
First impressions are everything! Your engaging smile and personality are the essence of a great Front Desk Agent with Fairmont Hotels. As you personally greet our Guests and assist them throughout the day, you will be empowered to deliver on our mission of 'Turning moments into memories for our guests'.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Greet, check-in, respond to requests and settle accounts while providing exceptional service
- Take initiative to add a personalized experience
- Proudly promote the hotel facilities, looking for opportunities to enhance a guest’s stay through up-selling
- Consistantly offer professional friendly and engaging service
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Previous customer related experience an asset
- Previous PMS experience an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Hospitality Diploma is an asset
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
Your team and working environment:
Centrally located in downtown Calgary, The Fairmont Palliser is the city's premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegently appointed guest rooms, The fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be. Join us in delivering the iconic Calgary experience.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS