Food & Beverage - Server's Assistant
You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued.
- Mallard Lounge
What is in it for you:
- Employee accommodation available
- Full time employees will be eligible to join the benefit plan which includes extended medical through Canada Life (Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability)
- Full time employees will also be eligible to participate in Fairmont Pension Plan, which includes matched employee contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Assist Food & Beverage Servers in all aspects of the dining experience
- Setting, replenishing and maintaining product offerings on buffets according to Fairmont Hotels and Resort standards
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions, menu items and preparation methods
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
- BC Serving It Right Certificate required prior to commencing employment
- Required to be of legal age (19 years old) to serve alcohol in British Columbia
Physical aspects include but are not limited to:
- Constant standing and working throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Your team and working environment:
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 526 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure- start yours today!
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS