Overview of duties
'• Behaves and acts (as a manager) in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset.
• Conveys the hotel's image and atmosphere by providing a warm and friendly welcome, being available and frequently visible in the hotel
• Helps employees improve their skills and provides support for career development
• Manages, motivates and organises personnel in order to improve the quality and creativity of F&B services, in line with brand standards. Makes suggestions for improvement.
• Takes part in the definition of hotel strategy and implements it in the F&B department
• Improves the department's results by increasing sales, improving the management of points of sale (restaurants, bars, 24hr service etc), spend and profitability'
'• Enhances guest satisfaction through his/her warm and friendly manner, availability and frequent presence in the hotel
• Handles guest comments and complaints, ensuring follow-up
• Develops strong relationships with guests with the aim of gaining their loyalty
• Ensures the quality of service provided for guests, that they are comfortable and receive a warm and personal welcome'
Professional techniques / Production
'• Steers and promotes all the F&B points of sale
• Ensures that all information is duly passed on to the applicable departments
• Organises and supervises the preparation of points of sale according to activity forecasts and product information
• Ensures the brand's reference standards are properly applied
• Ensures that sales materials are of good quality and ensures that pricing is in line with strategy
• In conjunction with the Head Chef, prepares the menus, organises purchases and updates the cooking instructions
• Plans changes in the menu, sets prices and organises the work for the day in coordination with the Chef
• Is responsible for keeping equipment and furniture in good condition, for keeping machinery and appliances in reliable working order, and for following up technical maintenance.
• Assures hotel management cover early mornings, evenings, weekends and on bank holidays
• Attends meetings for Heads of Department
• Passes on the management team's decisions
• Knows how all the hotel's departments operate and is able to replace another Head of Department in case of absence
• May occasionally be asked to replace the General Manager'
Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities
'• Evolves working methods in line with brand philosophy
• Develops team spirit and motivation by creating a good working atmosphere
• Supervises recruitments in conjunction with the Points of Sale Managers
• Organises the welcome of new employees
• Carries out annual performance appraisals on managers under his/her responsibility, sets targets and ensures that appraisals are conducted for employees
• Prepares the training plans in conjunction with the managers under his/her responsibility
• Ensures that work schedules are consistent with activity forecasts for the hotel
• Leads working and information meetings and team discussions
• Involves and motivates the managers and employees under his/her responsibility to meet the department's quantative targets
• Ensures compliance with labour legislation in the F&B department
• Trains and motivates the team to use the sales pitches and ensures they are put into practice'
Commercial / Sales
'• Establishes excellent relations with guests
• Prepares the commercial action plan for the department and ensures its implementation
• Sets daily sales targets to be met by the team
• Is familiar with all the hotel's services and informs guests about them to encourage use
• Analyses guests' comments and implements any corrective actions as required
• Launches and deploys marketing initiatives in the local area in order to increase revenue
• Works in close collaboration with the sales department to ensure high standards of service and satisfaction for meetings customers
• Is actively involved in the local area to keep up-to-date with specific issues and needs
• Keeps close track of what the competition is doing
• Uses creativity and innovation to facilitate commercial operations'
Management and administration
'• Draws up the annual budget for the department and implements any corrective actions required
• Ensures that the management results for the department are in line with the hotel's targets
• Guarantees the respect of procedures governing cash operations, administration and audits, in line with the brand's internal audit guidelines
• Adapts department organisation as required and manages headcount for optimum ''prime cost''
• Draws up, implements and ensures that internal checks are carried out
• Supervises F&B purchasing and manages stocks
• Supervises purchasing for the restaurant and kitchen, manages stocks and checks that AccorShop purchasing targets are met as decided by the brand
• Checks inventories that have been carried out
• Ensures that food and beverage costs comply with requirements defined by the hotel and the brand
• Takes part in ''Debtor'' meetings and implements actions to recover debt'
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
'• Ensures that restaurant areas are kept clean
• Ensures that the equipment and cultural assets of the department remain in good condition and working order
• Sets up an action plan based on the hygiene analysis results and tracks implementation
• Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc) and ensures they are respected
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc) and ensures they are fulfilled
• Is responsible for the security of people and property in the area under his/her remit'