FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER
Overview of duties
'• Ensures the high standard of services provided for guests and the attainment of the department's qualitative and quantitative targets
• Conveys the hotel's image and atmosphere through his/her exemplary attitude, warm and friendly welcome, availability and frequent presence in the field
• Manages and motivates the teams in order to improve sales and the quality of F&B services
• Improves the department's results by increasing sales and the productivity of F&B points of sale
• Leads and brings life to Mercure projects and identity features in the department (Echanson, service certification etc)'
'• Enhances guest satisfaction
• Handles guest comments and complaints, ensuring follow-up
• Develops close relationships with guests to encourage loyalty
• Ensures guests receive a warm and personalised welcome'
Professional techniques / Production
'• Organises and supervises the preparation of points of sale according to activity forecasts
• Ensures that reference standards are properly applied
• Checks that sales materials are well presented
• In conjunction with the Head Chef, prepares the menus, organises purchases and ensure the update and application of cooking instructions
• Plans changes in the menu, sets prices and organises the work for the day in coordination with the Head Chef'
'• Manage and values the differents food and beverage points of sale
• Make sure of the informations transmission in the concerned services
• Develops team spirit and motivation by creating a good working atmosphere
• Takes part in or validates recruitments
• Organises the welcome and integration of new employees
• Prepares or checks the work schedules, ensuring that they are consistent with activity forecasts
• Conducts annual performance appraisals and sets targets for the team
• Prepares the training plans in conjunction with the managers under his/her responsibility and follows them up
• Helps employees improve their skills and provides support for career development
• Applies labour legislation '
Commercial / Sales
'• Develops excellent relations with guests
• Prepares the commercial action plan for the department and ensures implementation
• Sets daily sales targets for the team
• Analyses guests' comments and shares them with the team
• Launches and deploys marketing initiatives in the local area in order to increase revenue
• Works in close collaboration with the sales department to ensure a high standard of service and satisfaction for meetings customers
• Knows the market and customer expectations
• Keeps close track of what the competition is doing
• Uses sense of creativity and innovation to facilitate commercial operations'
Management and administration
'• Draws up the department's annual budget in line with hotel strategy
• Ensures that management results are in line with the hotel's targets
• Guarantees the respect of procedures governing cash operations, administration and audits, in line with the brand's internal audit guidelines
• Adapts department organisation as required and manages headcount for optimum ''prime cost''
• Draws up, implements and ensures that internal checks are properly carried out
• Supervises purchasing for the restaurant and kitchen, manages stocks and checks that AccorShop purchasing targets are met as decided by the brand
• Ensures that the equipment and cultural assets of the department remain in good condition and working order
• Checks inventories that have been carried out
• Takes part in ''Debtor'' meetings and implements actions to recover debt'
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
'• Is responsible for keeping the equipment and furniture in good condition
• Ensures machinery works reliably and follows up any technical work
• Ensures that all F&B areas are kept clean and that hygiene and food safety standards are respected
• Sets up an action plan based on the hygiene analysis results and tracks implementation
• Applies and ensures application of the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
• Is responsible for the security of people and property in the area under his/her remit'
Mercure and its people
Hotels with individuality, passion for service and committed to quality and guest satisfaction.
Join a team of warm and friendly professionals who will share their love for hospitality.
Level of Education Vocational education
Areas of study Hospitality
Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
Here are some other vacancies your might like
AccorHotels, l’hôtelier mondial de référence !
- Une présence dans 100 pays.
- 4 300 hôtels et près de 620 000 chambres.
- Un large portefeuille de marques, allant du luxe à l’économique : Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Rixos, MGallery, Grand Mercure, Pullman, Swissôtel, Angsana,The Sebel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter, Adagio, ibis, ibis Styles, ibisbudget, hotelF1.
Aujourd’hui, AccorHotels est bien plus qu’un leader mondial : c’est un groupe de 250 000 hôteliers qui partagent une même passion.
Notre ambition : être l’acteur hôtelier mondial de référence. Pour proposer à nos clients, collaborateurs, partenaires, une expérience unique.
Pour cela, le Groupe a annoncé, le 3 juin 2015, élargir son terrain de jeu, pour accélérer sa transformation. AccorHotels devient plus ouvert, plus connecté et plus affirmé, et ce afin de continuer à bousculer les codes de l’hôtellerie.
Sous l’impulsion de Sébastien Bazin, Président-directeur général, la stratégie du Groupe s’appuie sur plusieurs fondamentaux :
- un nouveau nom, AccorHotels, une nouvelle promesse, Feel Welcome, exprimés à travers une identité renouvelée.
- deux expertises d’opérateur/franchiseur (HotelServices) et de propriétaire/investisseur
- un large portefeuille de marques de renommée internationale allant du luxe (Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, The Sebel), à l’économique (ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, adagio access et hotelF1) en passant par le milieu de gamme (Swissôtel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter,
- la puissance de sa place de marché et de son programme de fidélité Le Club AccorHotels ;
- l’engagement depuis près de 50 ans d’un groupe citoyen et solidaire avec son programme de développement durable PLANET 21.