Fitness Instructor cum Lifeguard
We are looking for a passionate Fitness Instructor cum Lifeguard to join our team at Banyan Tree Al Ula Spa Team.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What will you be doing:
- To be responsible for guest safety in the pool
- To observe swimmers in the swimming pool
- To maintain constant surveillance of guests in the facility; act immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of guestsin the event of an emergency
- To scan/patrol pool areas
- To provide first aid and CPR, and swimming rescue skills as needed
- To prevent minor accidents from becoming rescue situations
- To set up the lifeguards’ equipment on time for opening hours of operation
- To inform the guests politely if any of them are against the safety situation (swimming before and after closing times)
- To provide the information to our guests about our facilities
- Report and treat all our guests and pool problems as soon as possible to the superior
- To open and close the pool on time
- To output the pool safety sign at the end of lifeguard duty (pool closed)
- Be knowledgeable and conversant with Lifeguard qualifications (Lifeguard training certified)
- Dispose of used towels for laundry daily while collecting clean towels at the same time
- Offer different group classes to customers
- Be conversant and explain all fitness center rules to the guests
- Ensure instructions are provided to customers on using our fitness center equipment
- Ensure all equipment and materials of the fitness center are in good condition
- Notify the superior immediately of any damages, defects, or breakdowns within the facility and all equipment under your responsibility
- Constantly give information to the guests about the events happening daily and make them feel welcome according to company standards
- Maintain and clean all equipment regularly using the correct cleaning products
- Ensure all air-con units are switched on/off before and after operational hours
- Provide towel, water, and fresh fruit service to guests while inside the center
- Ensure guests sign the disclaimer registration form before commencing any activities within the facilities
- Ensure that the drinking water supply is sufficient to company standards and that refills are always available inside the center
- Before opening and closing the center, ensure that the vicinity is clean and tidy, including windows and any other areas visible to guests
- Conduct daily guest activities program as per scheduled timings
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 3 year experience in spa or hospitality industry.
- Safety oriented First Aid.
- CPR ‑ Basic Rescuer.
- Lifeguard Certification
Your team and working environment:
Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region’s Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley’s striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla’s planned “living museum” experience. Situated near AlUla’s signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors’ experiences by connecting them with AlUla’snature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS