Come join the culinary team at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Develop your culinary skills with some of Fairmont’s most talented chefs, while enjoying the lifestyle of the Canadian Rockies. Bring your talent to new heights.
What is in it for you:
- Experience living in Banff National Park in the iconic location of Lake Louise
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
- One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Employee Travel Program
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
- Review the daily production sheets with the Chef de Partie/Sous Chef and prepare the food items in accordance with Fairmont standards in an efficient manner
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency
- Keep work station clean and organized including fridges/freezers, counter and stove tops
- Ensure that cook station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keep overproduction and food waste to a minimum, while ensuring proper rotation, labeling, and food storage
- Operate kitchen equipment while adhering to safety procedures, and report any deficiencies
- Ensure all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely and in accordance with hotel food safety guidelines
- Assume responsibility for the operations of his/her food station when required
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 3-4 years cooking experience in two different kitchen departments i.e. garde manger, banquets, a la carte, breakfast etc.
- Valid health & safety certificate
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards
- Red Seal Certificate (Journeyman’s papers) or recognized international equivalent
- Self‑motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Ability to consistently stand and walk through out shift
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS