Job title: Event Planning Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Inspired & supported by: Assistant Director of Event Planning
Your purpose: Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told
You are accountable for:
High level description of what you’re here to do
Plan, execute and deliver a wide range of events that support the 5 star environment of The Savoy. Delivery above and beyond the expectations of our guests as well as providing business opportunities that align with the hotel’s financial goals, maximize revenues and create customer loyalists.
Your contribution will be:
Keep it focused on your results – your outputs and the impact of your contribution
- To create relationships with guests and provide assistance throughout the planning process.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the assigned conventions, to include all food and beverage, meeting room set up, recreational activities, and to ensure proper billing is maintained.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the operation and service capabilities of all other hotel departments and facilities as they relate to the service of conventions.
- Provide hotel departments with thorough information on all groups and banquet events to ensure high levels of service and guest satisfaction.
- Follow through with information distributed to operational departments to ensure that it is properly understood and able to be carried out in the manner in which the meeting planner expects.
- Daily review all banquet checks to confirm that all billing was done in accord to actual requirements.
- Serve as a liaison with the meeting planner and operational staff, to communicate any changes or needs that may spontaneously arise while program is occurring.
- After the conclusion of event, to work with the billing co-ordinator to guarantee a detailed and complete final bill is sent to client.
How you will be extraordinary:
Your attributes that will make you outstanding in your role
- Your passion for hospitality, and your enthusiasm for what you do are clear for all to see.
- You are gifted in building authentic relationships with our guests and colleagues, tuning into what they need and always going the extra mile to make them feel special. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Your glass is always half full and your positive energy is infectious.
- You are adaptable, and enjoy doing a variety of different things. You would never say ‘it’s not my job!’
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and prioritising brilliantly, so that you consistently deliver to a high standard.
- You have an eye for detail & are committed to doing everything you can to get it right first time for our guests and colleagues.
- You are constantly thinking about how we can improve the way we do things and create and even better guest and colleague experience.
- You are an expert in what you do best, and have the appetite to learn how to do new things.
- You are self-motivated, and take ownership for driving your own performance, thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job.
- You work brilliantly with colleagues across the hotel so that we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable guest experience.
- 3+ year’s events experience in related sales segments
- Demonstrated ability of achieving stretch sales/growth targets
- Technical knowledge with CMS software ideally Delphi or Opera S&C
- Proven experience as an events planner or organiser
Please always remember that we believe in you, and we trust you to do the right thing