Engineering Administrative Assistant
The Engineering Administrative Assistant is responsible for all administrative duties in a specific area. The Administrative Assistant will work independently under minimal supervision. This position relies on experience, instructions, pre-established guidelines, and judgment to perform the functions of the job, plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Maintain a positive guest relation at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
- Perform administrative duties to support departmental management including managing calendars, handling calls, scheduling appointments, and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Compose, prepare and distribute professional letters and memos, and email often of a confidential nature.
- Prepare and process purchase orders, expense reports, invoices, check requests, and telecommunication requests for approval.
- May be responsible for maintaining the department checkbook and for updating a budget back-up. Assist in maintaining the department budget.
- Reviews department contracts and agreements to ensure accuracy and inform management of recommendations for amendments.
- Takes notes and/or minutes routes incoming mail and performs all administrative aspects of the job.
- Use creativity and judgment in assigned duties, Assigned tasks will be performed independently, using pre-established procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for the safeguarding, confidentiality, and privacy of all colleague information.
- Answer phone calls, emails, and voicemails daily and respond in a timely manner with accurate information. Serve as a resource to all colleagues in the company.
- Perform routine clerical duties such as copying, scanning, filing, and mailing appropriate items, make copies of company forms or other printed material.
- Ensures that department supplies are maintained, ordering additional supplies as necessary, and maintain filing systems.
- Utilizes various software programs to monitor job requisitions, the status of evaluations, time and attendance, and other related duties.
- Keep accurate and timely records and prepare statistical reports related to a major area of responsibility.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company facilities, as well as special events on property, in order to advise guests and fellow colleagues of the same, whenever possible.
- Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent, regular attendance records and meet appearance standards.
- Adheres to performance standards, company policies and procedures, as they relate to the department.
- Track and analyze the Fairmont Grand Del Mar recycling program.
- Collect and log data from recycling vendors as items are collected.
- Administer programs, projects, and/or processes specific to the department.
- Serve as administrative liaison with other departments and outside entities.
- Perform time and attendance duties for the department as required.
- Serves as a mentor for colleagues in the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Three years of experience working in an Engineering / Facilities Department.
- Ability to type 80 words per minute.
- Ability to file materials using appropriate filing protocol.
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize throughout the day.
- Demonstrated confidentiality, privacy, and safeguarding colleague information.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Leadership skills including the ability to articulate clear and precise direction and create a positive work environment with open communication and consistency.
- Ability to speak and understand the English Language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and policies and procedures manuals written in the English language.
- Ability to understand oral and verbal communication while using Fairmont Grand Del Mar’s communicating tools which include but are not limited to radios, cell phones, and or email.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form referring back to established guidelines and policies and procedures.
- Ability to define problems involving several concrete variables, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to carry out primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must use very good to excellent judgment when providing information to our guests and maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
- Experience in the hospitality industry or a related department preferred.
- Accounting experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and hotel environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment, and other essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The colleague may be required to stand, walk, and sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- The colleague is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The colleague must frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Your team and working environment:
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS