Do you have a natural passion and creativity when it comes to cooking? Would you like be part of a dynamic and innovative team in one of the largest hotels in Canada? Accelerate your career in the kitchen and come and work with our committed Chefs and strong Culinary team preparing and serving the finest meals with amazing local ingredients.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $19.75 per hour. Full rate after one year is $22.65 per hour.
What is in it for you:
· Subsidized staff housing for full time status walking distance from the hotel
· Daily duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
· Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
· Employee Travel Program
· Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
· Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf and early bird specials for ski hills with option for payroll deduction
· Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
· Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefing
· Delegate and participate in the preparation, cooking and servicing of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to the recipes and standards
· Receiving, and maintaining proper rotation of products in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage (FIFO)
· Comply with and implement all health and safety, sanitary, and nutrition regulations set in place by Fairmont Banff Springs and by the culinary department
· Adhere to and follow ALLSAFE health and safety protocols
· Train first cooks on station responsibilities and duties
· Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
· Minimum 2 years culinary experience required preferably in a luxury hotel or large kitchen environment
· Certificate or Diploma from a recognized Culinary School an asset
· Safe Food Handling Certification
· Able to lift, carry and pull up to 50lbs and able to constantly stand and walk throughout shift
· Able to withstand exposure to kitchen equipment includes large and small ovens, stoves, steam kettles, mixers, sheeter, fryers, rational ovens, steamers, tilt skillets, fridges and freezers as well as blast freezers
· Attention to detail, accuracy and consistency with recipes and plating
· Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Able to maintain high service levels under pressure
Your team and working environment:
· Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
· Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
· Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor? We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ . Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
APPLY TODAY: For more information on working and living in Banff, please visit www.banffspringsjobs.com