COOK I - Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa - Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in accordance with standards and planning guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equivalent.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing: Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safety
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- Meet with Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipate business levels, charges and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Opening shift: Turn on specified equipment and unlocks secured areas
- Complete opening duties:
- Set up workstations with required mis en place, tools, equipment, and supplies according to standards
- Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies
- Ensure everything complies with standards
- Check product list
- Establish priority items for the day
- Inform the Sous Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day’s tasks
- Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock to designated areas.
- Start prep work on items needed for the day
- Prepare all prep items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards
- Inform F&B service staff of 86’d items and amounts of available menu items throughout the meal period
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to thee Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to the guests
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food costs
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make cleanup a more efficient process
- Breakdown workstation and complete closing duties according to department standards:
- Return all food to proper storage areas
- Rotate all return product
- Wrap, cover, label, and date all items being put away
- Straighten up and organize all storage areas
- Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach is, walk-ins, and shelves
- Return all unused and clean equipment to the specified locations.
- Restock items that were depleted during the shift
Your experience and skills include:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proper and current certification or licenses as mandated by the state of California.
- Prior practical experience in a professional environment. Spa/ hospitality experience preferred by not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high level of guest service orientation.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of guests and team members.
- A friendly, personable disposition and positive attitude
- Flexible schedule and availability to work weekends and holidays
Your team and working environment:
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, an elegant Spanish mission-style Inn, boasts exceptional accommodation in the heart of Wine Country. As one big team, we know that only together we can do amazing things. A community of service professionals coming together with a common purpose to welcome, connect, and serve others.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be able to provide proof that they are legally able to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS